DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ all of a sudden at my home

grgguy

Reactions
So I had been today flying my drone on and off all day today I went and charged the batteries came back outside to fly again and all of a sudden my house is in a no-fly zone ?? WTF !! is this this is some serious BS. How can they do this all of a sudden I live near nothing. . Just a little upset with this. Soon we will not be able to fly them at all. .We can buy them and own them in our homes but we will not be able to fly them it's just a matter of time. ( Mod Removed )

Last edited by a moderator:
A NFZ meaning the Go 4 app wont allow you to take off/start your AC? Or a controlled airspace warning after you start, but allows you to take off?

Last edited:
So I had been today flying my drone on and off all day today I went and charged the batteries came back outside to fly again and all of a sudden my house is in a no-fly zone ?? WTF !! is this this is some serious BS. How can they do this all of a sudden I live near nothing. . Just a little upset with this. Soon we will not be able to fly them at all. .We can buy them and own them in our homes but we will not be able to fly them it's just a matter of time. Jerkoff neejerk idiot assholeface mother f'ers !

Can you give us your location without giving away the exact location of your home? We might be able to get to the bottom of it. Might just be a temporary NFZ or glitch. They don’t usually just pop up out of nowhere like that

DJI Go4app Put me into a Class "B" airspace after 18 month .??
............................... I use Airmap to Fly :)
good luck with your Plight Hope it works out
....cR

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
So I had been today flying my drone on and off all day today I went and charged the batteries came back outside to fly again and all of a sudden my house is in a no-fly zone ?? WTF !! is this this is some serious BS. How can they do this all of a sudden I live near nothing. . Just a little upset with this. Soon we will not be able to fly them at all. .We can buy them and own them in our homes but we will not be able to fly them it's just a matter of time. ( Mod Removed )
If (use with caution) you want to circumvent NFZ look into a program called nolimitdronez (NLD). I'm sure (if caught) there may be legal implications.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kissmybrass
If (use with caution) you want to circumvent NFZ look into a program called nolimitdronez (NLD). I'm sure (if caught) there may be legal implications.

No fly zones, as implemented by DJI, have no legal standing at all - they are just equipment limitations, and bypassing them, per se, is not illegal.

A NFZ meaning the Go 4 app wont allow you to take off/start your AC? Or a controlled airspace warning after you start, but allows you to take off?

Every map I look at shows my location just outside of class d airspace but when I start up I get the warning and it allows me to take off. The geofencing has always confused me.

+1 for NLD

DJI pulled this on me also... after an "update" I started getting NFZ unlocks. Granted, I live less than a mile from Class G airspace and they were making me unlock every 3 months for a warning zone even though I had written permission and notice from the Airport manager. (Class G this is NOT required at all... courtesy is all it is.) NLD fixed that BS. I no longer bow to DJI to fly. Works a treat!

+1 for NLD

DJI pulled this on me also... after an "update" I started getting NFZ unlocks. Granted, I live less than a mile from Class G airspace and they were making me unlock every 3 months for a warning zone even though I had written permission and notice from the Airport manager. (Class G this is NOT required at all... courtesy is all it is.) NLD fixed that BS. I no longer bow to DJI to fly. Works a treat!
The reason I use AirMap exactly!

Reactions: The Bob
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78