DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ/Geo fencing questions

MET

Reactions
As we all know, the latest firmware upgrade has restricted many of us from flying in areas we used to fly. I went thru the process of getting the restriction lifted in one of the areas I fly (about 7 miles from a small airport) and must say that it was a very easy process with DJI. However, I do have 2 questions:

1. Once in a restricted area and you turn on the toggle switch in the remote controller that allows you to fly in this area, you are not allowed to fly out of the area as you get a warning that you are approaching the border of the restricted area. This makes no sense to me as the area outside the restricted zone is non-restricted. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to fly out of the restricted area into a non-restricted area? My understanding is if I approach the boundary of the restricted area my drone will just land or possibly return to home.

2. When outside the restricted area in a non-restricted area and I toggle on the switch in the remote controller which allows me to fly into the restricted area, I am able to fly directly into the restricted area without any issue. The problem is that I can't exit the restricted area and return to home to the non-restricted area that I launched from. I get the same message as in my first question stating that I am approaching the boundary area of a restricted area. Again, this makes no sense to me as I ended up walking about 1000 feet into the restricted area to land my drone (fortunately I wasn't flying above water in this area).

Any help in figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

As we all know, the latest firmware upgrade has restricted many of us from flying in areas we used to fly. I went thru the process of getting the restriction lifted in one of the areas I fly (about 7 miles from a small airport) and must say that it was a very easy process with DJI. However, I do have 2 questions:

1. Once in a restricted area and you turn on the toggle switch in the remote controller that allows you to fly in this area, you are not allowed to fly out of the area as you get a warning that you are approaching the border of the restricted area. This makes no sense to me as the area outside the restricted zone is non-restricted. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to fly out of the restricted area into a non-restricted area? My understanding is if I approach the boundary of the restricted area my drone will just land or possibly return to home.

2. When outside the restricted area in a non-restricted area and I toggle on the switch in the remote controller which allows me to fly into the restricted area, I am able to fly directly into the restricted area without any issue. The problem is that I can't exit the restricted area and return to home to the non-restricted area that I launched from. I get the same message as in my first question stating that I am approaching the boundary area of a restricted area. Again, this makes no sense to me as I ended up walking about 1000 feet into the restricted area to land my drone (fortunately I wasn't flying above water in this area).

Any help in figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

Seems like a bug that should be reported on the DJI forum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes