DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Issue

FrankIII

Reactions
I’m away from the office and the search function will not work on my iPhone so that’s why I created this thread. I’m sure this has come up before.
I live just barely into a NFZ for a small municipal airport. I only fly either for testing or practice and no more than 100 feet altitude and 50 yards distance. Otherwise I fly elsware out of any NFZ’s.
In the past I have always been able to unlock NFZ. Today when I wanted to test I did not get the screen that lets me unlock NFZ. I have not upgraded anything for a long time. Anyone have any input? THANKS.

i thought the idea of a NFZ was that you dont fly there? surely there are areas where you can fly

What does the map show?
If you're in a blue area, you should be able to unlock, though you need to validate yourself. It might not prompt for validation if you don't have internet though.

If you're in a red zone, no dice. If you are authorized to fly in a red zone, you need to apply for unlock with DJI.

i thought the idea of a NFZ was that you dont fly there? surely there are areas where you can fly
So your saying pack all up and travel to a place away from my home just to find out something isn’t right with my set up. In the past I was able to completely test my AC at home not interfering with any other aviation which I did not under 100’ altitude.
I have always been able to receive an unlock until a couple weeks ago. Folks that have abused the privilege have caused these strict regulations. THATS THE WORLD TODAY I GUESS.

Last edited:
What does the map show?
If you're in a blue area, you should be able to unlock, though you need to validate yourself. It might not prompt for validation if you don't have internet though.

If you're in a red zone, no dice. If you are authorized to fly in a red zone, you need to apply for unlock with DJI.
When did all this change? 3 weeks ago this started with me. In the past I have applied and received an unlock.

So your saying pack all up and travel to a place away from my home just to find out something isn’t right with my set up. In the past I was able to completely test my AC at home not interfering with any other aviation which I did not under 100’ altitude.
I have always been able to receive an unlock until a couple weeks ago. Folks that have abused the privilege have caused these strict regulations. THATS THE WORLD TODAY I GUESS.

in a word YES. my understanding of NFZ means no fly zone, ie don't fly there?

No change for yellow. I don't think you even need internet for yellow.
Actually, I don't think it even stops you, just the annoying box is smack in the middle of the screen.

If you truly are in NFZ, then RC will display "in NFZ". In such case you don't get prompted until you attempt to start your motors. That would be for a blue zone.

If you unlock while in blue zone, the blue zone goes away in the map and you're left with yellow.
By map, I mean the one displayed in the Go app. If you aren't using a tablet, then you cannot display the map and the radar at the same time. There's a button within the radar or map corner to toggle between the two.

Actually, I don't think it even stops you, just the annoying box is smack in the middle of the screen.

If you truly are in NFZ, then RC will display "in NFZ". In such case you don't get prompted until you attempt to start your motors. That would be for a blue zone.

If you unlock while in blue zone, the blue zone goes away in the map and you're left with yellow.
By map, I mean the one displayed in the Go app. If you aren't using a tablet, then you cannot display the map and the radar at the same time. There's a button within the radar or map corner to toggle between the two.

I went through the complete unlock procedure again today (Saturday). Received an unlock code on my phone for an airport 7 miles away however i still can’t fly my AC I suspect because of a recreational airport 2 miles away.
Is it because I can’t get two unlock codes for two airports.
Also I noticed when I check unlock licenses in the Go4 app the dates indicate the AC is currently unlocked but not Go4 app unlock dates are a couple months old.
I would like to test my AC in my large back yard no higher than 100’ altitude as I have done many times in the past since Jan. 1, 2019.
As I have stated in previous posts no upgrades to anything have been done for 6 months. I’m at my wits end

Last edited:

I can’t get past this screen. Even after unlocking.

Attachments

• FFE28323-66A4-4A77-B6E1-86AA26BF4FD4.jpeg
    FFE28323-66A4-4A77-B6E1-86AA26BF4FD4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
I used to routinely have this problem attempting to unlock my Spark. I believed that it was caused by a software problem because the tablets I used did not have cellular service, and the authorization process involved constantly switching back and forth between the aircraft controller and my internet connection. I typically use my iPad to connect to the DJI self unlocking web site for the 3-day unlocking procedure. Then I wait a few minutes and use the same iPad to unlock the authorization zone on the controller then transfer the authorization to the aircraft. I found that if I tried to use my Crystal Sky tablet for unlocking, it would require several hours for the authorization to work properly. I have no idea why, perhaps the self unlocking and aircraft authorizations were on different servers? In any event after the authorization was transferred to the aircraft using my iPad, I could then use my Crystal Sky without any trouble, assuming that both tablets were using the same no fly zone version. I have two Sparks, and the Go 4 software could get confused on which authorization was valid (or maybe I was confused all the time, especially because there were differences between the Android and iOS versions of DJI Go 4). This problem has gone away with the introduction of the new DJI no fly zones, because I no longer live in an authorization zone. My frustration with DJI no fly zones led me to buy an Evo, so I can fly in my yard at 30 feet above the treetops without any problems!

Last edited:

When I check my Unlocking License List it looks like the AC is unlocked but the App is not.

Tried to fly again today. Unlocked and got the unlock successful prompt but still can’t fly. Checked unlock licenses looks like Mavic is unlocked but App unlock info has old dates in it. Tried to Sync and got error code 12006. Has anyone seen this???

Tried to fly again today. Unlocked and got the unlock successful prompt but still can’t fly. Checked unlock licenses looks like Mavic is unlocked but App unlock info has old dates in it. Tried to Sync and got error code 12006. Has anyone seen this???

In the past couple of weeks I have been running into the same thing!!!! Extremely frustrating. Mine is a bit weirder. I have 4 drones and have run into days that I can unlock 1 but not the others. Then another day, I actually was able to unlock all 4! At the moment the most consistent is my Phantom 4 Pro +. It lets me fly most of the time. So far I was only denied one day with it! My 2 Mavic Pros have not flown for almost a week now because of this. My Mavic 2 Pro seems to be grounded as well.

When I check the unlocking Licences, it says valid but yet it might still say disconnected. I try to synch it to no avail. I there any way to clear these out? Seems this could be part of the issue?

I too had similar problems with the same error code. I discovered that I had to have a good CELLULAR DATA connection to get the AC to unlock. Use to be a WiFi connection to the internet was good enough. Seems not any more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000