DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Limit?

acdraindrps

Reactions
Can anyone tell me why my controller is telling me NFZ Limit in this area? I know that KBUF is to the NE but according to the map it says I'm good to 150m, correct? Screenshot_20190909-132952.jpg20190909_133011.jpg

It seems like the controller is just telling you that you are in an altitude limited zone. (the limit is higher than the legal limit of 120 meters/400 feet, so you shouldn't really be affected anyway)

Reactions: WAXMAN and ff22
So you would say that it's ok to take off? I tend to err on the side of caution and didn't even try to take off, but there is some great footage I'm missing out on.

So you would say that it's ok to take off? I tend to err on the side of caution and didn't even try to take off, but there is some great footage I'm missing out on.

That area seems fine and clear of any airspace issues. If you were flying closer to KBUF, you would need to seek authorization via LAANC ahead of time, but the area you pinned isn't in their airspace at all. DJI just posts an altitude limit to avoid drones in the approach/departure path of the airport.

Just don't fly your drone across the international border there into Canada; the authorities aren't fond of that.

Thanks, Dawg. I appreciate your input, and I'm glad I can fly there.

As far as the international border - I can imagine the authorities frown upon that ? Actually, border patrol was there in full force earlier now that you mention it.

Reactions: dawgpilot
You are in NFZ of airport

As I already explained, he's not in a NFZ. There's just an altitude limitation at that location, but it's outside the airspace of the nearby airport.

You are in NFZ of airport

No sir that's not accurate at least not by the location indicated by the OP!

That pinned location is roughly 3 MILES from where any Airspace limitations go into effect. At least that's how I'm reading it from official FAA maps. West Seneca (NE of Abcott Rd) is where you'll want to get Authorization to do ANY flying what so ever.

Look at the gray area. That limits you with DJI Drones. The way the shades area was, it is usally a sign of airport nearby. I have same shaded out area and live by Air Force base. I can fly, but only 100 feet.
As I already explained, he's not in a NFZ. There's just an altitude limitation at that location, but it's outside the airspace of the nearby airport.

Airport close?
Center of the airport is 9.6 miles out and Controlled Airspace (SFC to 4,700') is roughly 3.1 miles away from the indicated launch point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123