DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ unlock

jaysrmc

Reactions
I did a NFZ unlock last night. Today when I got to the location it was hell trying to get the mavic off the ground. First I imported the unlock to the air craft and on my app is show the NFZ as disconnected. I signed out and signed back in. I have no idea how I got it to go up but then as soon as I did it force landed me. This was not a red zone it was green and I had permission from ATC to stay below 100 feet. Any ideas?

Edit. Can someone give me the proper documented method to NFZ unlock from start to finish because this isnt the first time I have had a heck of a time getting to work.

Last edited:
Maybe just get rid of the whole NFZ thing all together, and if your in an NFZ zone, call the tower anyways and let them know. What are other drone mfgrs such as the 3DR Solo suposed to do if within 5 miles zone? Solo dont use nfz lockouts, as far as I know?

i did this and am happy with the results
i think it voids your warranty and it is possible to brick your bird so dont do it if you and not tech savy enough to undo it,,,,,, and ditto on call the tower any way. we still have to follow the rules. not sure how long this will be supported but i had a battery error after doing it that sounds simular to what you are experiencing. i am not familiar with the "nfz unlock" you are using but this worked well for me. thanks to digidat and fly fly drones for the awesome work on this.good luck fly safe

i think it voids your warranty and it is possible to brick your bird so dont do it if you and not tech savy enough to undo it,,,,,, and ditto on call the tower any way. we still have to follow the rules. not sure how long this will be supported but i had a battery error after doing it that sounds simular to what you are experiencing. i am not familiar with the "nfz unlock" you are using but this worked well for me. thanks to digidat and fly fly drones for the awesome work on this.good luck fly safe
Working on it now. thanks Do you have to update the RC too?

I did but it it still shows a flight limit of 500m and is that normal even if I changed it?

So I did this but now the MP wont connect to the computer.

There is a different way that worked for me. Rooting Mavic Pro in Latest firmware with Force FCC and Boost and No NFZ - RC Groups plus I got the FCC boost to 1.5w from .5w I believe it is. I just had a test run and it did pretty well.

I did a NFZ unlock last night. Today when I got to the location it was **** trying to get the mavic off the ground. First I imported the unlock to the air craft and on my app is show the NFZ as disconnected. I signed out and signed back in. I have no idea how I got it to go up but then as soon as I did it force landed me. This was not a red zone it was green and I had permission from ATC to stay below 100 feet. Any ideas?

Edit. Can someone give me the proper documented method to NFZ unlock from start to finish because this isnt the first time I have had a heck of a time getting to work.

DJI has made the unlock process so cumbersome, it makes me wonder if they are backdoor selling the alternative flight softwares that have become available. I respect the need to notify no fly zones, but DJI has made it so difficult, I have missed SEVERAL opportunities to do legitimate flights after being given permission from the airport. Does anyone have a favorite alternative flight software?

DJI has made the unlock process so cumbersome, it makes me wonder if they are backdoor selling the alternative flight softwares that have become available. I respect the need to notify no fly zones, but DJI has made it so difficult, I have missed SEVERAL opportunities to do legitimate flights after being given permission from the airport. Does anyone have a favorite alternative flight software?

It is actually super hard for this one specific air port. It is a small air port and every time I unlock it, I can still never get it off the ground. Other places it works fine but for some reason this unlock never works... It has become a real pain in the a**.. I wish they would implement something like a RSA key or something like that where you can call the ATC and they can give you a unlock code. Especially for 107 flyers who are trying to follow the law but they make it harder to follow the law, that is one reason I modded my MP1 because sometimes the application DJI GO 4 is the problem and the unlock doesn't work or whatever. I call, advise of flight path and time and get the OK and the MP1 I have to use near this air port because no matter what the M2P will not take off in this zone even when unlocked and imported to the air craft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu