DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ's

cactus683

Reactions
So im hearing a lot of stories about folks flying there mavic and a nfz poping up out of nowhere and there drone just landing in the spot,anyone that can prove this or has heard of it also.Really makes no sense if your flying and all the sudden it turns nfz that your drones going to land itself,shouldn't it return home first in that case?

No it doesn't magically appear out of nowhere. Only case that can be made in favor of appearing out of nowhere is if your device was slow to download the data while you impatiently take off before a solid GPS lock. In that case, yes it immediately lands, as it's not supposed to be flying in an NFZ anyway. Stories like that are relatively few and far between.

As for flying into one, you obviously would see it on the map, so you should avoid it....but if you're dumb enough to fly into it, you deserve to lose it.

At the same time, depending on your firmware revision, the bird will either auto land (newer) or bounce like it hit an imaginary wall/visual obstacle to keep you from entering (older).

Read the manual. It's pretty clear.

No it doesn't magically appear out of nowhere. Only case that can be made in favor of appearing out of nowhere is if your device was slow to download the data while you impatiently take off before a solid GPS lock. In that case, yes it immediately lands, as it's not supposed to be flying in an NFZ anyway. Stories like that are relatively few and far between.

As for flying into one, you obviously would see it on the map, so you should avoid it....but if you're dumb enough to fly into it, you deserve to lose it.

At the same time, depending on your firmware revision, the bird will either auto land (newer) or bounce like it hit an imaginary wall/visual obstacle to keep you from entering (older).

Read the manual. It's pretty clear.[/QUOT

Pretty dumb that they would make it auto land now,the bounce would be alot better,not that i wanna fly into a nfz or anything,was just trying to clarify,last thing i want to do is have this thing land on someones roof or you know etc.Do you use the hover app or just the plain old DJI stuff?

Yeah, read the manual you idiot! Jesus dude, the guy was just asking a question about NFZs. Get a grip.

So, you think someone should loose their $1000 drone because DJI or their software made a mistake? You think the NFZs and the software are infallible? No one is having any of those issues right?

The drone should not auto land if it hits a NFZ. Why doesn't it just stop and warn you to turn back? At least give you a 10-20 countdown to exit the area. Seems like auto landing somewhere, anywhere would be a hazard.

Yeah, read the manual you idiot! Jesus dude, the guy was just asking a question about NFZs. Get a grip.

So, you think someone should loose their $1000 drone because DJI or their software made a mistake? You think the NFZs and the software are infallible? No one is having any of those issues right?

The drone should not auto land if it hits a NFZ. Why doesn't it just stop and warn you to turn back? At least give you a 10-20 countdown to exit the area. Seems like auto landing somewhere, anywhere would be a hazard.
Just read on the dji site with the Nfz map that it is supposed to bounce back.Not sure if there referring to all the products ,I just don't want my **** landing anywhere my luck it will land on the highway or some **** even if I'm not over a highway.

One item that it would be nice to have some input from the members is on whether or not anyone has seen a TFR enforced via GEO. For example, most stadiums are not NFZ normally, but the FAA issues TFR around game times. Another example is VIP (presidential) TFR that extend for 35 miles outside where the president travels. What happens to the Mavic if you are flying in a TFR area and it becomes active while you are in the air? Anyone encountered this?

Reactions: DesertDweller
One item that it would be nice to have some input from the members is on whether or not anyone has seen a TFR enforced via GEO. For example, most stadiums are not NFZ normally, but the FAA issues TFR around game times. Another example is VIP (presidential) TFR that extend for 35 miles outside where the president travels. What happens to the Mavic if you are flying in a TFR area and it becomes active while you are in the air? Anyone encountered this?
That's what I'm talking about,I don't know if the folks that it's just landing on is tfrs going up while there flying,I don't wanna find out either,we get plenty of tfrs here in ny with the president golfing every **** weekend here in jersey

That's what I'm talking about,I don't know if the folks that it's just landing on is tfrs going up while there flying,I don't wanna find out either,we get plenty of tfrs here in ny with the president golfing every **** weekend here in jersey
I live in the boonies, so I haven't seen any TFRs go active when I fly, or if they are on the DJI maps in DJI go or not. Wondering if we have some members who can see if TFR are in DJI go when they fly or not.

It's all very confusing because different versions of the firmware behaved differently.

Here is a very good video on how the latest firmware behaves.

Rob

It's all very confusing because different versions of the firmware behaved differently.

Here is a very good video on how the latest firmware behaves.

Rob
Again Rob, Do we like our FW 0400? Yes we do!!!
At least I do! I'm rocking it right now. Working great with Goggles too!
Perfectly happy with my set up right now and with the, well you know, with our new found adjustments mentioned recently on the net! :cool:
Sorry to be a bit off topic, but I couldn't help it, Lol..

Last edited:
Reactions: Robbyg

What a d*ck that dude is. Hard to believe people like that exist. I guess that why he lives in forest.

People are magically flying into NFZs. Lol

Again Rob, Do we like our FW 0400? Yes we do!!!
At least I do! I'm rocking it right now. Working great with Goggles too!
Perfectly happy with my set up right now and with the, well you know, with our new found adjustments mentioned recently on the net! :cool:
Sorry to be a bit off topic, but I couldn't help it, Lol..

Absolutely Love it :D:D
It's a thing of joy to just hit that power button and know for certain that your going to be flying. Go easy on the need for speed my friend;) The Ladies skirt may fall off if you rev her too hard:p:D

Rob

Reactions: Drone Master
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman