DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nice compact case for polarpro filter

Clever idea! Looks like it's much easier to grab the filters for removal from the case.

The main makes apart from DJI's own are very similar so they'd mostly all fit.
It's worth being methodical about which one goes where so you aren't having to check the label on the side to be sure which one you grabbed

I'm glad that my case found its way to this forum :)
Since I have now six pieces of those filters, (ND + CP), I designed another case, that fits charging hub slot in B&W Mavic hardcase. There is a bit more work required to assemble plus you have to cut out foam slots from original PolarPro case, but since those were anyway too large I wasn't hesitating.
iPa64 - I can see that you also have six filters, hope you will enjoy this case as well ;)

PolarPro Mavic Pro filters - six pieces case by krakow_marcin

Reactions: iPa64
I'm glad that my case found its way to this forum :)
Since I have now six pieces of those filters, (ND + CP), I designed another case, that fits charging hub slot in B&W Mavic hardcase. There is a bit more work required to assemble plus you have to cut out foam slots from original PolarPro case, but since those were anyway too large I wasn't hesitating.
iPa64 - I can see that you also have six filters, hope you will enjoy this case as well ;)

PolarPro Mavic Pro filters - six pieces case by krakow_marcin

Wouaw unbelievable !
Very interesting, I will try it soon, thanks a lot for this great job.

Anyone who can print 2 of those (the round case for 3 filters) for me (and ship them to Belgium)?
I also have the 6-filter pack which does not fit in any of the pre-cut slots of my case.
Polarpro sent me 2 empty cases for 3 filters, but these are hardly smaller.
The perfect size would be a case that holds all 6 filters and fits in a battery cutout.
I have a case that can hold 6 batteries and I've got 5 batteries for my Mavic, so the "spare" one would be perfect for my filters.
Professional Carry Case for DJI Mavic Pro - Explorer Edition

I just finished this case for my PolarPro Mavic filters. I bought a Pelican compact memory card case on Amazon. I used 7mm and 2mm foam for the filter holder section and 5mm for the lid. I cut out the holes with a 3/4" to 1/2" copper pipe adapter that I sharpened on the inside. I used a 3/8" brass pipe for the finger slots. I also made a template that I printed on self adhesive paper, cut out the holes, and stuck it to the foam as a guide. Make sure to cut the 3/8" holes first, than cut out the larger ones afterwards. It didn't take all that long to do. I think it's pretty compact and tight for a 8 filter holder.

Attachments

• IMG_5518.JPG
    IMG_5518.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5519.JPG
    IMG_5519.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 38
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Template.jpg
    Template.jpg
    780 KB · Views: 31
I just finished this case for my PolarPro Mavic filters. I bought a Pelican compact memory card case on Amazon. I used 7mm and 2mm foam for the filter holder section and 5mm for the lid. I cut out the holes with a 3/4" to 1/2" copper pipe adapter that I sharpened on the inside. I used a 3/8" brass pipe for the finger slots. I also made a template that I printed on self adhesive paper, cut out the holes, and stuck it to the foam as a guide. Make sure to cut the 3/8" holes first, than cut out the larger ones afterwards. It didn't take all that long to do. I think it's pretty compact and tight for a 8 filter holder.
That's a very nice mod for the Pelican case - good job. Do you happen to have a good source for the bare uncut foam in those thicknesses? I live in the boonies so the nearest hobby/craft stores are about 40 miles one-way.

I have a local Hobby Lobby that I got the 2mm and 5mm from. I got the 7mm from eBay. You should be able to get it all from eBay or Amazon. Good luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54