DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Night Flight by the Highway

Just curious....why shoot in 1080p and not 4K? Is it becasue of night capturing?

Nice!

Reactions: sarahb
I can't but to know you where doing some illegal flying here (flying over moving vehicles). Also, the 360 turns were too fast and unwatchable.

I can't but to know you where doing some illegal flying here (flying over moving vehicles). Also, the 360 turns were too fast and unwatchable.
He never flew over moving vehicles. Came close, but never over top of them. It is my understanding that we are actually allowed to 'transit' over moving vehicles, but not stop on top of them.

He never flew over moving vehicles. Came close, but never over top of them. It is my understanding that we are actually allowed to 'transit' over moving vehicles, but not stop on top of them.
I bet if you were able to see the unedited version, you'd see that I am correct. I don't really care, it just gets me when people knowing neglect the rules and are brazened enough to post it on YouTube.

I bet if you were able to see the unedited version, you'd see that I am correct. I don't really care, it just gets me when people knowing neglect the rules and are brazened enough to post it on YouTube.
I understand your concerns about those who make us look like the bad guys. I just didn't see that in his video. I have stopped many times just short of a highway with vehicles. In another area of wrong doing, it almost seems like DJI encourages going beyond VLOS since they allow newer drones to fly miles away.

I understand your concerns about those who make us look like the bad guys. I just didn't see that in his video. I have stopped many times just short of a highway with vehicles. In another area of wrong doing, it almost seems like DJI encourages going beyond VLOS since they allow newer drones to fly miles away.
My Toyota Camry is registered to go 160 MPH. But, you can bet I won't be doing that. :)

I shoot in 4k and process in 1080. It's easier to process and youtube doesn't show it in 4Kin most cases unless someone changes it in settings. Many times I zoom in from the 4k shot. I like the height for safety.
Makes sense. YouTube usually opens in 760p or 1080p. I tell people to change their settings and watch on the largest screen they have; not the phone. Most only have a 1080p screen to watch it.
I always say I can see the trees in 1080p, but in 4k I can see the leaves on the trees. I finally bought a laptop with a Q OLED screen. What a difference!!! When I change to 1440p I can see a difference on my 1080p TV.
I use CapCut to edit and have no problems with 4k.

Reactions: BetterBizWorks
Makes sense. YouTube usually opens in 760p or 1080p. I tell people to change their settings and watch on the largest screen they have; not the phone. Most only have a 1080p screen to watch it.
I always say I can see the trees in 1080p, but in 4k I can see the leaves on the trees. I finally bought a laptop with a Q OLED screen. What a difference!!! When I change to 1440p I can see a difference on my 1080p TV.
I use CapCut to edit and have no problems with 4k.
When you edit 200 videos+ per year it makes a difference. Sometimes it's like using a nuclear warhead on a fly when most people watch it at 720 p.

I certainly don't edit as many videos as BetterBizWorks. My editing is very simple. Edit with CapCut, then post the link on YouTube in 4k. I only maybe add a title and cut something out, then add music. When I capture in 4k I don't need to adjust colors.
If sthat number is really 90%,, the rest of us sure miss watching in 4k. The difference is tremendous.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections