DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Flying with the FAA : A Poll

How many 3 Mile Flashing Beacons do you Prefer ?

• 1 light - Top Light

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • 2 Lights - Arm lights

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 3 Lights - Top Light and 2 Arm lights

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 4 Lights - Arms all 4 front and back

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 5 lights : Back and front arms and top light

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 lights 4 Arm lights and top light and Bottom light

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 7 Lights Full 360 Coverage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Saw the video yesterday. Maybe some refinement needed but who am I to judge ANY your footage. It gave me a fairly good look at it, it’s capabilities. And it’s nice to see it as it developed. So, I think the video was appropriately expressive of the coming new tracking light. Obviously a fan of phantomrain.org products and your niche Vimeo footage
Godspeed, Droniac
Yes < Thank you , doing some refinement on the video today, it was just the rough sketch, will edit soon.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: crusen8 and Droniac
I have been trying every light under the Shroud of Anti Collision Lights and I hate them all.

I have used them all
, Many are hard to turn on, and with gloves forget it , Some have so many click and clacks. and colors , that you will be blinded by the time you find White .

Other just take up so much space , like Easter eggs on top of your drone , and some so tiny that Its just luck I can pinch them to turn them on , let alone off. Not to mention the Cree lights that promise a tiny miracle but take up a lot of space to put on or dangle with the Velcro patch.

I scoured the planet and were very limited as to what is available for the DJI Drones and even more importantly how to attach them to your drone.

I am not a fan of the Velcro Patch , its maddening to wonder if the Weeble Wobble of the light is going to stay on, and switching it from one drone to another is no fun .

The good news is that I found an FAA approved Anti Collision Light
, Its small but not tiny, Its got a button , a nice size button , it comes in 1 Color of your choice . It does one thing it flashes to be seen, , its water proof , and the Foot Print is Small but the company does not care about offering a way to install it.

So I reached out to the Company because there lights made flying at Night Painless, and the Wet Suit would be the Perfect Way to Secure the light on the drone in stream line fashion so I emailed them.

The Problem was that I needed them to make 1 small change for me on the Light and they said no, lol

Happy to say they changed there mind :}
and I am working on the new design and a Demo .

I will keep this thread updated for those interested in a more seamless setup to Negotiate the FAA and provide you with a safer way to fly at night.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , and Float on water in the moon light , flashing your drone as you go.

See Updated Videos below and PIctures.
My Mavic air 1 with flytron strobes

Mavic three allows you to turn off the front strobe in order to not interfere with video or photography, do you have any issues with these creating hues in your footage?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851