DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Flying?

Badgersurfer

Reactions
I want to take a photo of town on a hill with the moon behind it. I will be about 300ft alt and 800ft range. I haven't flown at night yet, so does anyone have any tips of what I should look out for apart from the obvious and UFO's. Also I have a Smart Controller. I would need to turn off the Red leds while I take the picture and then turn them on again. Can I assign this to a switch? Also should I assign the underside landing leds to a switch so that I can turn them on/off manually.

Reactions: ads67
You won’t need to turn off the leds for this shoot. Only if in close to something you may get some reflection.
I always make sure I have flown any night mission in daylight first. Fully familiarise yourself with your environment. If you comfortable doing it in daylight and know your area, progressing to night is easy. Situation awareness is key.
Good luck

You should be able to use DJI Go4 to configure the C1, C2, C3 buttons on the Smart Controller.

It should be in the "Remote Controller settings" menu
One of the settings is to turn off the front running lights

1593139971479.png

Last edited:
Raven swe is correct, there's an auto setting for the front red lights that will have them off for photos or video then back on when you stop recording. Landing light is the same, though it's nice to have it on a switch also.

Red lights on can interfere with photography if there's visible moisture, even at a distance, so I leave those lights in auto mode mostly.

I have my bottom buttons set:

L - Points camera straight down or back to level
R - Landing Light on/off

I also have mine set to turn off the lights when taking a picture.

Yep that is precisely what I have set mine too... thank you...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419