DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night photos/footage minimums......

I didn't see if you've posted the metadata with ISO and shutter speed. I'm thinking there is still more in that camera in terms of bumping the ISO for better exposure. Of course you will instroduce more noise as the ISO increases, but is something that can partially be handled in post with the right software.

I downloaded your image to see what detail might be there already. You might be able to see the huge amount of noise, while there is more image. I suspect that if you can increase the ISO you'll have some noise, but not as much as trying to increase the brightness of an underexposed image. But I think there is more there. Can you provide metadata?

View attachment 117976
View attachment 117977
Sorry I'm so late getting back to you. I will try to get that data sometime today and get back on here, but I'm starting to understand what you're saying.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sean D

In the drone’s defense, the field doesn’t seem very well lit anyway.
It's extremely well lit. That's why I was so stunned at how the picture turned out.

There has been some good information on this thread as to how to maximize night shots for this particular drone, but like I said earlier, I've also watched a ton of video reviews of this drone as it pertains to night photos and even with all these factors maxed out, the shots were still marginal, and the folks doing the reviews said as much. It's not a huge deal. I mean, I know it's an entry-level machine and there will be concessions I have to make until I'm ready to get into some better, more expensive models and I'm okay with that. I was just making sure I wasn't missing something.

Sean D

Reactions: dozzn

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143