DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Night photos

Too dark.

Dark is the natural color at night.

Greater exposure will cause shining everywhere.
No .. those photos are too dark.
Your first image could look like this without "shining everywhere".

i-78C5tQz-L.jpg

Last edited:
I have CPL filter at night too, if I prolong shutter speed from 1/3 to 1/2, the picture looks reddish color.
I am not sure why?
Should I take down the CPL filter?

A CPL filter – which stands for circular polarizer/linear — is a glass attachment that can reduce the glare from reflected surfaces. Although there are various types available on the market, the most popular is the circular model, partly as it can fit easily onto the end of virtually any camera lens.
One of the first things people notice when starting out in photography is how difficult it can be to take photos through a window. A polarized filter grants you the benefits of the polarization effect, which has the ability to reduce all those unwanted light streaks that blur the subject of your shot. It can also do the same for light reflected on water surfaces.
Photographers also find a circular polarizing lens filter handy if they take photos through a window, or of glass buildings, as distracting light streaks and glare that infiltrate a shot can be eliminated. Photos of painted surfaces, such as vehicles or buildings, also create shine and reflections and can benefit from the use of a CPL filter.
A CPL filter will also reduce glare from reflected surfaces, creating clearer images. However, if you take photos of rainbows – which are caused by glare when the sun’s rays and moisture combine – turning the filter to increase the level of glare can actually enhance the rainbow’s colour and clarity.

A CPL filter – which stands for circular polarizer/linear — is a glass attachment that can reduce the glare from reflected surfaces. Although there are various types available on the market, the most popular is the circular model, partly as it can fit easily onto the end of virtually any camera lens.
One of the first things people notice when starting out in photography is how difficult it can be to take photos through a window. A polarized filter grants you the benefits of the polarization effect, which has the ability to reduce all those unwanted light streaks that blur the subject of your shot. It can also do the same for light reflected on water surfaces.
Photographers also find a circular polarizing lens filter handy if they take photos through a window, or of glass buildings, as distracting light streaks and glare that infiltrate a shot can be eliminated. Photos of painted surfaces, such as vehicles or buildings, also create shine and reflections and can benefit from the use of a CPL filter.
A CPL filter will also reduce glare from reflected surfaces, creating clearer images. However, if you take photos of rainbows – which are caused by glare when the sun’s rays and moisture combine – turning the filter to increase the level of glare can actually enhance the rainbow’s colour and clarity.
I'm well aware of what a polarising filter is.
That's why I suggested that unless there's a real reason to use it, then you should remove it.

Perhaps you should read further in the article you copied and pasted from.
Go further down the page to where it tells you ....
Night Shooting
CPL filters also tend to work best during daylight, particularly on bright days. So you’re unlikely to benefit from this filter if you take photos at night.

The article gives more details if you read further.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mdecker72