DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night shot across the river

Would you believe me if I said the shutter was open for 8 sec’s

I’ve got two cars in this photo, one with head lights and the other with tail lights, you can see the how long it was by looking at their light streaks. I don’t think the photos that bad (sharp) for that shutter speed. Very lucky

989AD813-1BCB-4541-9D96-FCA6A6DEBEF0.jpeg

Would you believe me if I said the shutter was open for 8 sec’s

I’ve got two cars in this photo, one with head lights and the other with tail lights, you can see the how long it was by looking at their light streaks. I don’t think the photos that bad (sharp) for that shutter speed. Very lucky

View attachment 67641
That is unbelievable, the stability of this camera platform is amazing. Of course not all shots will turn out this lucky but it is ten times better than anything you could possibly hand hold.

Reactions: Porky
These lights, so I can’t really do anything about that then?View attachment 67638
Not really, unless you were to change exposure, which would not remove them but lessen the effect. However, you would then not be able to capture the scene either, so in such situations, there is give and take and I'd be happy to take this one. The light is burning its way into the sensor that's why you have that flair of light around the actual light source. Only a fast exposure would reduce that flair but then everything else would be far too dark.

I think it’s called halos round the light not sparkling like I said:rolleyes:

So really I can’t do much about it then?
I can live with sparkles, I have a six year old daughter, everything sparkles around here, all the time! Along with fairies, Unicorns, elves etc. etc.

Not really, unless you were to change exposure, which would not remove them but lessen the effect. However, you would then not be able to capture the scene either, so in such situations, there is give and take and I'd be happy to take this one. The light is burning its way into the sensor that's why you have that flair of light around the actual light source. Only a fast exposure would reduce that flair but then everything else would be far too dark.

Thanks for your answers to my questions, much appreciated as always ThumbswayupThumbswayup:)

I wanted to somehow stop the sparkle from the main lights in the photo, just can’t seem to get rid of that.
Try WB, somewhere between 2800 and 4200

A wider aperture might help also. I prefer the Star of David look. Just gotta find that sweet spot:p

Last edited:
Try WB, somewhere between 2800 and 4200

A wider aperture might help also. I prefer the Star of David look. Just gotta find that sweet spot:p

Looks like I’ve gotta live with it, it was only a minor issue but I thought I’d ask the question anyway?

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB