DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No camera

koffe

Reactions
Was flying today. About freezing temp. A couple of times the camera picture went black, but came back after some seconds. I did get the message some times that IMU was alternating (?)

Tonight I was connecting inside my home for calibrating the IMU. Then the screen was black all the time with red message No image transmission signal. Tried restarting everything several times also with different cables. Did not help. I have set C1 to switch bottom LEDs on/off. That does not work either.

My M2Z is less than one month old and I have iPad 9.7 as device.

Any tips to what I can do?

Operating temps for the M2P are 0c to 40c, so maybe there was a glitch in the system from that.
You'd think it would be ok at home though after everything came up to inside room temperature.

I had a near similar incident a couple of weeks ago, driving home from Brisbane to Adelaide via inland Australia.
It was 37c, and I did 5 flights one day to record the dry inland.
One flight during the hottest part of the day, my iPad mini 4 froze, the scene on the scene just stayed same while I could operate my M1P fine still.
I was within VLOS, and simply flew back towards me, where within 100' or so it reconnected and I continued my flight a while longer without further incident.

I have had an issue with my iPad mini 2 going black, but that was from heat too, traversing inland central country while ipad was acting as nav device on dash, sometimes in the sun.

The operating temps of an iPad 9.7 are between 0c and 35c, but agin even if it didn't like the cold, you'd think it would be back to normal at room temp.
I'm not sure if cold can do permanent damage to circuitry etc, or heat for that matter.
After playing up in heat, it has always been good after cool down on mine.

I still won't fly if too close to max temp of the drone at 40c, don't have to worry too much about the other end of the scale here ;) :)

Tips.
You have tried another viewing device ?

If all else fails, can you get the flight data txt file off the iPad ?
And post up here ?
This should show the error messages, and maybe bring more info out.

I tried an iPhone with same result. Then an Android also same, but here it also gave an error No attitude data to IMU. That I did calibrate half an hour ago with success.

The very last flying missions today from inside my car worked good. This problem now showed up at least 3 or 4 hours later at home.

How do I find the txt files? I am not used to Apple stuff the same way as with Android.

How do I send the files up here, cannot see attachments?

With iTunes I can find the Folder FlightLogs at 100K. When I drag it to a folder on my PC only an empty folder show up

Thanks for your help so far. Now I have got the file and uploaded it after instructions and the link is:

This was with battery no2 where I had the first couple of of black outs and IMU messages. Later with battery no 3 run from inside of my car there were no faults, so this one I did not upload. The problem now at home I has no records as I did not fly inside.

I do not know whom to tag, but think I long ago saw from another member that he wrote @msinger and hope that is right. I would be very thankful for all help I can get.

I'm not sure what was going on. There were multiple IMU switches, suggesting that something was flagging the IMU data as suspect. It would be interesting to see the DAT file for that flight (FLY084.DAT). The image transmission problem isn't addressed in the logs - I'd first suspect the RC USB cable.

How to retrieve a mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Reactions: ff22
Strange, I do find the MCDatFlightRecords folder. But there is not the file FLY084.DAT, only 2 dat files from dec 02. But in the FlightLogs there are 3 DAT files from today. The one for battery no2 has another long name. Is that right? How to upload that one if so, the first upload page did only take TXT files.

Strange, I do find the MCDatFlightRecords folder. But there is not the file FLY084.DAT, only 2 dat files from dec 02. But in the FlightLogs there are 3 DAT files from today. The one for battery no2 has another long name. Is that right? How to upload that one if so, the first upload page did only take TXT files.

That's unfortunate. The DAT files in the FlightLogs directory are unrelated, and not useful.

Does that mean that there is one more fault when the DAT files have ceased to be saved after dec-02. I have flied many days after thar day. Or is there a setting I by mistake can have flipped?

What is Bat signal?
It’s from the TV show and movies about the comic book character Batman. They would shine a light into the sky with a the shape of a bat to get his attention in case of need.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980