DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No charger supplied in mavic air box?

zackdbassist

Reactions
A quick intro before I begin. I am a first time drone flier and the air is my first drone. I haven't even tried a toy drone ever.
Now, after waiting patiently I received my FedEx package today and to my surprise dji somehow did not include the charger in my Mavic Air box. I contacted them and they wanted me to ship the box back so they could send me a new box since they don't have charger only in stock. I told them that I'll borrow my friends charger who lives 30 mins from my place and that they should send me a new charger when it comes since I did not want to wait for god knows a month may be before they sent me a replacement.

I did fly it today with that borrowed charger and have to accept that i acted a little too ballsy to fly in sports mode for like 20 mins. Attained a top speed of 45.6 mph during one of my flights.

I feel like its not fair for me. What should I do? Just wait for the charger when they have one in stock?

If I understand it correctly you have 2 options:

Send everything back and get a new one.

Have DJI send you a charger when they have one available.

If you wait for a charger you'd either need to not fly or always borrow your fiends charger. Seems like it comes down to your personal decision. No one can know the details about how easy it is to charge your batteries while you wait, how often you want to fly, etc.

It does seem like vendors to have chargers available for sale and they are $20 w/o thr AC cable:

DJI Mavic Air Battery Charger (without AC Power Cable) | Advexure

Reactions: zackdbassist
I am amazed they could leave something as large as the charger out to the box, have you examined all the black cardboard boxes inside the Mavic box, try and open all of them

I am amazed they could leave something as large as the charger out to the box, have you examined all the black cardboard boxes inside the Mavic box, try and open all of them

Yes, I checked every box in there at least 5 times. Went through some unboxing videos and my charger isn't there for sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4