DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NO error code messages although gimble not working

Hossam Tawfol

Reactions
I replaced the gimable after crash. seems I received defective gimble because simply it doesn't move. The seller asked for screen shot of the error but strangely I have no single error when I checked the drone overall status.

Please any recommendation why the drone didn't show error message.
I attached picture to see how the gimble looks like and screen shot of the remote control.

NOTE: I update the firmware of drone to the latest version

Attachments

• IMG_3313 copy.jpg
    IMG_3313 copy.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3314 copy.jpg
    IMG_3314 copy.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3315 copy.jpg
    IMG_3315 copy.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3316 copy.jpg
    IMG_3316 copy.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3318.jpg
    IMG_3318.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
I highly recommend buying a good quality SD card and trying this drone again after swapping out the SD card you are currently using. I recently found to my amazement that a substandard SD card can ground the drone and disable the camera's gimbal completely. If this calamitous effect of a simple SD card problem had not been mentioned by another writer in this forum I would have concluded there was a major problem with my Mavic 2 Pro. Swapped out the SD card and synchronicity was instantly restored to the known universe on the very next test flight.

Reactions: Hossam Tawfol
Does the gimbal do its usual dance when you power up?
Anyway you will probably have to run the JointCourse and LinearHall commands to straighten out the gimbal.

Last edited:
thanks so so much
I highly recommend buying a good quality SD card and trying this drone again after swapping out the SD card you are currently using. I recently found to my amazement that a substandard SD card can ground the drone and disable the camera's gimbal completely. If this calamitous effect of a simple SD card problem had not been mentioned by another writer in this forum I would have concluded there was a major problem with my Mavic 2 Pro. Swapped out the SD card and synchronicity was instantly restored to the known universe on the very next test flight.
Thanks so much for your replay. Frankly, after replacing a complete gimble housing I forget to put the SD card and may be this causing the problem.
The new purchased gimble housing are not working and the seller in china insisting to send him error message otherwise he can't do anything.
I was doubt that he sent me wrong part since I notice that yaw motor he sent is different from the original one but he said this is the new version and surly I'm not sure if he is saying the truth.

I will buy quality SD card ( your recommendation will be highly appreciated) and I hope I will see what is going on.

Thanks again for your support

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Anyway you will probably have to run the JointCourse and LinearHall commands to straighten out the gimbal.
Yes it do very strange thinks with sound looks like coming from the motor. I did jointCourse and LinearHall be it gave me no response on calibration command

Attachments

• gimble with python.jpg
    gimble with python.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 6
thanks so so much

Thanks so much for your replay. Frankly, after replacing a complete gimble housing I forget to put the SD card and may be this causing the problem.
The new purchased gimble housing are not working and the seller in china insisting to send him error message otherwise he can't do anything.
I was doubt that he sent me wrong part since I notice that yaw motor he sent is different from the original one but he said this is the new version and surly I'm not sure if he is saying the truth.

I will buy quality SD card ( your recommendation will be highly appreciated) and I hope I will see what is going on.

This pictures I sent to the seller but he insisting that motor is OK

Reactions: Fizzbang
I believe that problem coming from defective complete gimble housing I ordered from china since I notice that the motor are different. I sent to seller but he said this is new version. I'm not sure if he say the truth but he asked to send him screen shot for the error but I can't because noting appear

thanks so so much

Hossam
1682789349684.png
those are the correct responses from a working gimbal for Joint Course and LinearHall though in my case the gimbal moves and centres itself.

The motors look correct to me.
The new ones are different from the originals.
Have you checked that with the drone switched off, the gimbal can be moved freely in all directions.
When the motors are mot powered the gimbal is completely free to move in all directions from stop to stop.

There is one thing that you might have done.
The three screws that hold the yaw motor in the vibration board are very short and if you use scrrws that are too long, they will extend into the inner part of the motor interfering with its correct action.
And of course do not over tighten them.

Hossam
View attachment 163435
those are the correct responses from a working gimbal for Joint Course and LinearHall though in my case the gimbal moves and centres itself.

The motors look correct to me.
The new ones are different from the originals.
Have you checked that with the drone switched off, the gimbal can be moved freely in all directions.
When the motors are mot powered the gimbal is completely free to move in all directions from stop to stop.

There is one thing that you might have done.
The three screws that hold the yaw motor in the vibration board are very short and if you use scrrws that are too long, they will extend into the inner part of the motor interfering with its correct action.
And of course do not over tighten them.
Thanks for your support.
1- I notice when I do joint Course and Linearhall the gimble doesn't move at all and give the message show in the pictureJoint Course and LinearHall

2-I checked the gimble moved freely in all direction but when I didn't move it it stop as in position as picture.

3- When I power the drone I hear sound coming from the gimble

4- I ordered quality SD card then maybe errors will show in the remote since with all problems I have, I didn't get single error on remote.

I will lose the 3 screws that hold the yaw motor in the vibration board but as I remember I tighten them firmly hope this is the problem.

I wish I can post video for my problem then I can expose my problem easily but unfortunately the forum don't accept videos

Attachments

• IMG_3344.jpg
    IMG_3344.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder