DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NO FLY ZONE FROM USMC AIRBASE IN MY RURAL AREA?? :(

Chattycat

Reactions
Super bummed and intimidated after I got all set up and saw the no-fly zone halfway down my street, which is a very rural area, and not on a military airbase, but close enough, I guess.
USMC helicopters do fly over our home, but the no-fly zone isn't drawn over our home on the map.
I'm confused, does this mean that I can't fly it in my yard? I live in a very rural area.
I can't even fly down the street in my neighborhood?
Do I have to fly elsewhere where there is no no-fly zone?

The new Mavic Air 2 has been sitting in the box after only being outside for 20 minutes. I feel like it was a waste of money now.

Are there any local groups or forums around eastern NC to join and advise?

Super bummed and intimidated after I got all set up and saw the no-fly zone halfway down my street, which is a very rural area, and not on a military airbase, but close enough, I guess.
USMC helicopters do fly over our home, but the no-fly zone isn't drawn over our home on the map.
I'm confused, does this mean that I can't fly it in my yard? I live in a very rural area.

The new Mavic Air 2 has been sitting in the box after only being outside for 20 minutes. I feel like it was a waste of money now.

I would start with this app and see what is possible in your area , Your going to need some approvals if its possible to fly even remotely close to that area and this is your best bet to learn how that is possible. There are plenty of videos on this aspect of flying

Phamtomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: NG Wildman

Submit using the AirMap app or Kittyhawk app and see if you get approval. Start with input of altitude of 100’ or so .... then modify up and down as you desire, to see where approval may stop.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I would start with this app and see what is possible in your area , Your going to need some approvals if its possible to fly even remotely close to that area and this is your best bet to learn how that is possible. There are plenty of videos on this aspect of flying

Phamtomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.
Easy to understand vid! Thanks again.
Any others you would suggest?

It sounds like you are in the foothills area of Yuma Arizona. MCAS Yuma controls the airspace. You are allowed to fly per part 107. Max ceiling height 400 ft, must maintain visible sight of aircraft at all times. Must remain north of road 15 which is north of the Barry Goldwater range. If you were to contact the MCAS public information officer which is listed on a report they would be more than happy to tell you this

It sounds like you are in the foothills area of Yuma Arizona. MCAS Yuma controls the airspace. You are allowed to fly per part 107. Max ceiling height 400 ft, must maintain visible sight of aircraft at all times. Must remain north of road 15 which is north of the Barry Goldwater range. If you were to contact the MCAS public information officer which is listed on a report they would be more than happy to tell you this
That is a far cry from NC where he is, so it's more than likely Cherry Point MCAS.

Attachments

• CherryPoint.jpg
    CherryPoint.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: RMS001

Try this group on Facebook....

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos