DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No flying today, and best wishes for the folks in Florida

edfrombama

Reactions
Good morning to all-
I'm not in the direct path of Hurricane Ian for which I am very grateful. However, our local wind forecasts for today include gale warnings over the water and steady 20+ wind with gusts of 40+. At that point, I don't even think of taking out my Mini 2.
What wind makes you keep the drone grounded and in the case?

And good luck and best wishes for the folks farther down the coast- they're about to get kicked, I'm afraid.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Praying for our FL neighbors and friends

Just a bit of wind and rain here in Mia, however I have family in the direct line of site and their homes will be devastated in the next hour or so. Their location is in Port Charlotte Florida. Not a good place to be right now.:oops:
A cat 4 to 5 would be extremely terrifying to go thru. Luckily most of them have evacuated the area.

Reactions: Dbez1 and GFields
hope all my fellow members and their families ,from across the pond ,stay safe

I second all the good wishes for a safe emergence from the hurricane. We have very good friends in Naples FL and our news here has just reported landfall at Sanibel-a favourite location to visit when we are there-last time, this April.

Just a bit of wind and rain here in Mia, however I have family in the direct line of site and their homes will be devastated in the next hour or so. Their location is in Port Charlotte Florida. Not a good place to be right now.:oops:
A cat 4 to 5 would be extremely terrifying to go thru. Luckily most of them have evacuated the area.
In Miami at 3:45PM it is just a rainy day with some wind causing small branches to fall from the trees but nothing serious. We are fortunate to be out off the path of the hurricane.

Reactions: Drone Master
Yea... We're starting to get concerned here a little North of where Ian is now.. Im in Savannah and ive seen hurricanes before. They are NO FUN.
It should have reduced its destructive force dramatically by the time it reaches me Friday but we're still expecting 70+ mph wind and over 7" of rain with a storm surge, of course.
I'm gathering (and charging) all my electronics now. I expect to be able to fly Saturday afternoon or definitely Sunday and hopefully I can capture some storm related pics.

lol, looks like you're getting slapped around a little bit.. But you still have power? Thats a plus, fo sho!
It appears to have hit a little south of you.. not much, tho. About what I should expect in Savannah on Friday. I presume. Good luck, friend.

lol, looks like you're getting slapped around a little bit.. But you still have power? Thats a plus, fo sho!
It appears to have hit a little south of you.. not much, tho. About what I should expect in Savannah on Friday. I presume. Good luck, friend.
Depends on a lot. I'm high and dry and built for hurricanes.

Yes, still have power. Played a round of golf today, grilling salmon outside as we speak. Don't worry about Florida Man.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO