DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No gps and no rth

Mycallhill

Reactions
Hi guys;just put my mini up;did compass calibration as asked for but no gps(showing direction of flight)anyway flew ;said homepoint has been updated;after few mins I hit rth for the controller to say landing now;I aborted and landed myself;upon landing controller again asked for compass cal which I again did;flew again and same same;no gps/rth-any ideas please;oh I’m flying off top of a building in a built up area;not residential

I would have been inclined to land the drone as soon as the second flight showed the same symptoms. Then switch the drone and controller off and close the App then restart everything. That has cleared a few errors for me.

What is the roof made of?
Is the building surrounded by taller structures that might obscure the GPS signals?
Flying at home I sometimes need to get the drone in the air before it can get a decent GPS lock but I never fly it far from the take off point whilst it is 'waiting'. The reason being it will set the homepoint to the place where it gets the sufficient number of satellites to pinpoint the 'homepoint' and, as you, I think, found, that may not be a suitable place. If that is the case I bring the drone 'overhead' and manually reset the home point but, in those circumstances, an RTH is used just to bring the drone "overhead", I do not let it land automatically as what I percieved as overhead may not have been literally vertically above me.

Hi guys;just put my mini up;did compass calibration as asked for but no gps(showing direction of flight)anyway flew ;said homepoint has been updated;after few mins I hit rth for the controller to say landing now;I aborted and landed myself;upon landing controller again asked for compass cal which I again did;flew again and same same;no gps/rth-any ideas please;oh I’m flying off top of a building in a built up area;not residential
Your post is confusing and unclear and suggests your understanding of how the drone works is confused too.
Why do you say the drone didn't have GPS?
Your drone didn't need to have it's compass recalibrated, and recalibrating it couldn't fix the problem your compass was warning you about.
DJI's warning message wording is very poor.
You were launching from an unsuitable site and the compass detected magnetic interference which could have caused serious problems.
The solution would have been to avoid launching from a reinforced concrete surface or very close to steel objects.

If you can post the recorded data from the flight, that will help clear up the other issues.
To do that, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
said homepoint has been updated;
With no GPS signal, the Home Point would not have been recorded.

after few mins I hit rth for the controller to say landing now;I aborted and landed myself
If you trigger RTH anywhere within a 20m radius of the Home Point, it will land where it's currently at without first returning.

When I do updates I usually go check my settings. I use one phone for two mavic mini. More often I find my RTH changed to hoer or land. Seen my RTH ALTIUDE changed. My advice after updates check all your settings

When I do updates I usually go check my settings. I use one phone for two mavic mini. More often I find my RTH changed to hover or land. Seen my RTH ALTIUDE changed. My advice after updates check all your settings
That sounds odd.
You mean that your Loss of Signal Action is changed to hover or land, but The default setting is RTH and it will never change unless you change it.
If it was to change, it would change to the default (RTH).

The RTH altitude setting can change to the default height after a firmware update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78