DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No gps, wifi and usb connection after crash

renato ignacio

Reactions
Hey folks, how´s going?

Well, I need some help! I had this crash, wasn`t high, about 5 meters from the floor. Unfortunately, my drone fell on a rock and the blades were spinning touching the water, so my drone did not sink, but got kind of very wet. I waited about a day to turn it back on, and when I did, I suppose it wasn´t enough dry, so I noticed some smoke underneath. I can´t say it was from inside, as I saw that the gimbal flat cable was burned. So I considered the smoke was from it.
I bought a brand new DJI entire gimbal module, camera and board and replaced the damaged one. Got the drone back to fly and then I had this NO GPS message. I tried calibrating the compass, and it was well succeeded. However, gps would not connect at all. So I tried to fly in ATTI mode and it worked well.

So I decided to do some other connection tests with wifi and realized that the wifi connection would not work as well. I could not even see the mavic network to try a wifi connection. I went on some internet information and decided to try a refresh and a factory recover to see if reinstalling the firmware updates I could perhaps fix both issues. For my surprise, when I tried to connect my mavic with USB cable, another connection issue came up. I could not connect it in any usb port of my computer. So I still can´t figure if restoring to factory default would fix the gps and wifi issues. I opened the drone to see if there was anything apparently broken o disconnected, or even burned, and didn’t notice any kind of abnormal or messed up component.

So I wonder, is there any kind of damage that would result on the connection of GPS, Wifi and usb port problems?? Am I facing more than one problem, or all of them are being caused by the same damage? In this case what should be the broken component that I have to replace? As I see, wifi switch and usb port are directly installed on main board, as well as the gps module connects to it. Could it be that I have to replace this main drone board? Are there any tests I can run before buying a new board to ensure the problem reason?

Thanks a lot!

Buy the replacement main board from a reputable seller. Make sure the seller has a return policy on Electronic Items (Amazon) Install it very gingerly so as not to damage it in any way. Determine if it is in fact the mainboard. If not , consider exercising the return policy.

Definitely sounds like the mainboard has one or more shorted / open components.

You can also send your drone to @Thunderdrones for repair if you are in the Continental US. He is a member here and can resolve your issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78