DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No idea I could do this, and a question.

Hi Searat290. No danger as when the MM is upside down the motors won’t start, so that wouldn’t be an issue. Also the power button is right next to the camera area, so pretty quick shutdown can happen.
Have a great day.
Pretty sure he was talking about the danger to the gimbal mechanism by torquing against a powered-up camera gimbal with a poorly aligned cover. Might be why DJI has all those warnings about removing the gimbal covers before powering on the aircraft...

Reactions: Searat290
Pretty sure he was talking about the danger to the gimbal mechanism by torquing against a powered-up camera gimbal with a poorly aligned cover. Might be why DJI has all those warnings about removing the gimbal covers before powering on the aircraft...
Hi CentralVAphoto. The gimbal has to do its startup dance (I believe that’s why DJI warns about having the cover removed) when the drone is powered up, not so when you turn the drone upside down. The gimbal remains horizontal and motionless which makes sliding the cover into place easy. But, I’m sure there are many ways to successfully put the cover in place. This has just made it way easier for me.
whatever works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569