DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No image transmission/Glitch

Upintheair11

Reactions
Hi there,

Since two weeks i've got a problem on my mavic pro 2, i've got rose glitches or sometimes no image at all on the phone. But i don't have any error code. My phone is connected to the remote controller via the original RC cable.

What i did :
- Reinstall the app
- Updated firmware
- Change SD Card
- Change cable
- Compass/IMU Calibration
- gimbal auto calibration

My phone is Xperia Z5

Any ideas ? Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
Sometimes when the images have distortion or cut out it could be a loose or damaged cable. Try physically unplugging and replugging in the gimbal. I would also recommend trying a different device to make sure the issue isn't isolated to your phone and ensuring that camera settings are set to auto.

-Kale

Thanks for your answers, i already tried with the usb data of the xperia z5, but same problems...

Yes I also thought about a damaged cable but personally I'm afraid to disassemble my drone, i think that will have to send it for repair :/

Ok, I now know what the problem is, but I do not know how to solve it.

I lose the image transmission when the gimbal is positioned horizontally (image 1), but when I turn it a little at an angle (image 2), i get clean image and everything works great. But i can't fly like that and it would be problematic anyway.

Is this a cable damaged or something ? Please don't tell me i have to change the gimbal entirely... Thanks again

Image 1 :

Image 2 :

I’d guess an occult cable wire fracture that get enough contact to function when the drone is tilted and the gimbal moves relative to the drone.

Reactions: Upintheair11
Thank you...

Yeah i want to cry, i will send it for repair with cable change then... Could be worse, a friend of mine lost his drone last week in the sea... it just dropped in the water and he doesn't know why.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
... Could be worse, a friend of mine lost his drone last week in the sea... it just dropped in the water and he doesn't know why.
You should have him post the logs on this forum. They might explain what happened and give him a fighting chance of a warranty replacement if it shows a DJI fault. If it is out of warranty DJI might offer a discount on a replacement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters