DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No longer on Members Map

Ya, I think it is based on your IP. You can drag and drop it to the right location, however.
I think you're right on that. My IP locates to Los Angeles (not where I am) which is where my location was put on the map. Not by where I put my location on my profile. I moved it.

EDIT: There is still a little problem. What about those in the forum that join and don't even know they're on a map and don't want to be on it?

Well heck they out of luck 😀. Naa he can fix it 👍👍👍

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
Well heck they out of luck 😀. Naa he can fix it 👍👍👍
That's what I was thinking. Kinda like s**ks to be you lol. It would be nice to have it as a choice when joining the forum or having it as a stickied thread for the map saying you can opt out or move your location on the map if it's not in the right spot.

Reactions: dirkclod
Ok testing a new members map plugin. It is still loading everyone but you can check it out. This one allows you to opt-out or drag/drop your location if it's incorrect.
The old map never showed any members when I viewed it, but this one seems to be working properly for me now.

I was planning to opt out. But since I can move the location, I moved it to half way between the town I live in and the town I work in. It wasn't very accurate for my location anyway. My work IP shows up several miles from my office on a map. If I would have used my home IP, it would show up in a different state. :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugHunter