DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Map Displayed on CrystalSky - Mavic 2 Ent Dual

JimD19

Reactions
I just paired a new CrystalSky 7.85 Ultra with my Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. On first flight, it gave me a message that I needed to authorize the new device to get GPS data to create the map. So I authorized it (apparently successfully). But the map still doesn't display on the CS. The small box in the lower left corner of the display is there - as if there were a map to display - but that box is blank. Any guidance on how to get the map to display?

Is the monitor connected to the Internet while flying, e.g. by smartphone thethering or mobile hotspot? If not, the device cannot load the map from the network.
I don't have a CrystaiSky but expect its GO4 app is functionally similar to that for other Android based devices. At the main screen, before tapping onto "Go Fly" you can select the menu at the upper right corner, select "Offline Maps" and download the map for your flight region manually while preparing for flight at home and being connected to Wifi.

GerdS, thanks for that reply. That makes sense. No, it's not connected, and that explains why it did have a map when I used my iPhone for a monitor. I do have a MiFi, so I'll connect to that, and see what happens. I'll also use your "Offline Maps" idea. Thanks for that insight.

I flew again while connected to the WiFi from my Verizon MiFi, but with no success on the maps. I've seen some threads on map caching and downloading maps offline, but I would just like to have the same online, real-time map display functionality for my M2ED that my iPhone has when I'm using that as the display. Has anyone been successful getting the display of just a regular online map - the same functionality that the iPhone provides - with the CrystalSky?

I had no issues using my Iphone's hot spot to connect to my CS using my M2 Zoom. Just make sure it's connected, don't assume it's connected. It sometimes takes 5 minutes for the CS to see my personal hotspot before I can connect to it. Once connected, no issues. Map displays as it should.

Thanks, Duke56. Yep, I verified that the CS was connected to the MiFi. I'll keep trying, then work with DJI support. Thanks for the reply.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54