DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No map???

Hayabusa

Reactions
Not sure what happened but went out today to test my makeshift corrective lenses ( readers taped to inside of goggles) but when I opens up Go4 and connected. The map was just black. I tried reconnecting, tried manually setting home point but never saw or heard any confirmation. I flew up and out well within range but only for a short time as I was nervous without a home point confirmation.
Any reasons why?

Mike

If the "Here" maps stopped working just change the year on your display device to 2017. Worked for me.

Change the date on your ASUS tablet to 2017. The agreement/contract for Here maps was not renewed by DJI. Apparently part of Go 4 checks the date and if past the maps renewal date it will not display a map. Just make sure to change it back if surfing the web. You will probably get an error message if you don't. It works for me.

Reactions: Rnl
Haven’t flown in a while. Finally had an opportunity to go out with my daughter and go chase some cruise ships.
Wrll I got out there and no maps again.
Changed date back to 2017 on asus tab. Nothing. Swapped map views. Nothing.
Tried my phone and didn’t even see a location for the map.
Heading home to mess with.
Why does this keep happening?
Mike

...Why does this keep happening?
I don't know what your fix will be (mine is setting the date to 2017 for Here maps) but once you get it figured out turn off auto-updates on your Asus. Then it shouldn't change unless you want it to. A background hosed my video feed to the point of being un-usable. One day it worked, and the next it did not. Rolled back Go 4, turned off auto update, haven't had a problem since.

I don't know what your fix will be (mine is setting the date to 2017 for Here maps) but once you get it figured out turn off auto-updates on your Asus. Then it shouldn't change unless you want it to. A background hosed my video feed to the point of being un-usable. One day it worked, and the next it did not. Rolled back Go 4, turned off auto update, haven't had a problem since.
What do you mean by roll back Go4?
I’m really bad with this stuff.
I have my WiFi off on it so is that the same as turning off Auto update? If not where do I turn this off?
Thanks again

What do you mean by roll back Go4?...
Roll back, downgrade, revert to an earlier version. I used DUMLdore (Google it) but that was over a year ago. There may be better ways of doing it now.
...I have my WiFi off on it so is that the same as turning off Auto update?...
Different devices use different terms, but auto update is when your device will check for program updates and install if found. It does this "in the background" without any outward indication. WiFi needs to be on (or any internet connection) for this to happen. It can happen if you connect to the internet when not flying.
... If not where do I turn this off?...
A Google search of "android turn off auto update" got me these instructions:

To turn updates on or off, follow these steps:
  1. Open Google Play.
  2. Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Auto-update apps.
  5. To disable automatic app updates, select Do not auto-update apps.
It has been a while since I did this but I remember changing a setting in Google Play (for Android).

I got home- turned in WiFi-updated my djigo4 app, and map came back. Now I updated my Litchi app as well but keeps popping up ( Litchi has stopped working).
Always something.
Now I turned off auto updates so can I leave WiFi in or should I turn off?
Mike

Now I turned off auto updates so can I leave WiFi in or should I turn off?...
While flying, turn off your WiFi. It is not needed to fly and reduces demands (and battery use) on your Asus. While flying I put my Samsung tablet in airplane mode and also make sure Bluetooth is turned off.

When not flying you can turn WiFi on if you want to connect the the Internet. With background updating turned off you won't get burned with a Go 4 update.

Change the date on your ASUS tablet to 2017. The agreement/contract for Here maps was not renewed by DJI. Apparently part of Go 4 checks the date and if past the maps renewal date it will not display a map. Just make sure to change it back if surfing the web. You will probably get an error message if you don't. It works for me.

Thank you Mossiback.

I hadn't flown my Mavic Pro in a while...maybe since last October or so...

I fired it up yesterday (still using GO4 4.1.15) and noticed my maps were not showing, and there is no option to cache maps.

I found this thread and changed the date on my S7Edge...and voila, maps!

Paul

Edit: I also noticed that when I start GO4 AFTER I set the date back to 2017, I get the menu option "Offline Map".

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada