DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

no maps

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
I got my Crystalsky 7.85 today and i cant get maps on it. Ive read all the solutions posted previously but nothing working. all i have is a home point on a white screen
  • it is latest version
  • i have reset it and rebooted (3 times now)
  • It is definitely connected to wifi as i can use the browser and sync my flight logs etc
  • i have tried both home wifi and hotspotting my phonb
  • disabled mainland china settings
  • set correct timezone
  • tried to download offline maps via go4 using the 3 bars at top rh corner, but this tells me network unavailable
  • checked the drone by connecting ipad and my android phone, both clearly show maps
Im at a loss and quite annoyed (just dropped a grand on this thing)
any help would be very much appreciated

Reactions: dannyw777
Had this with my 5.5, I set the language and input of the cs settings to the correct for me (uk). I also did factory data reset (this option says erases all data on device but it doesn’t remove the go 4 update) then rebooted.
Fairly sure it’s the factory data reset that’s important and don’t forget to power off and on after. HTH

Reactions: charles leahy
after numerous attempts of resetting and reloading i now seem to have sateliite maps. It still shows a white blank for the normal map (street directory style) but i can live with this.
seems to be such an annoying thing for such an expensive bit of tech

Reactions: Mike357
does anyone know where the maps are actually stored withing the GO4 app files. I am wondering if i can just manually transfer them there from another android?

Im still suffering the same problem, not able to view off line maps, they are downloaded to my device but not able to view them once I leave a 'wifi area', any help greatly appreciate

This sounds crazy, but I found that it depends on which "layer" I have my map display on when I start the Go4 app. Open the map full screen and set the layer to satellite then quit the app. Then reopen the app and check your map display. Try different combinations, its been awhile since I worked this out. If you open in the wrong mode, (just the map) switching (i.e. to satellite) doesn't help. You may even have to restart the CS.

Sorry so vague. It's been awhile since I had to the issue and I got it working by changing the layer view and restarting, so I can't remember the exact scenario.

This sounds crazy, but I found that it depends on which "layer" I have my map display on when I start the Go4 app. Open the map full screen and set the layer to satellite then quit the app. Then reopen the app and check your map display. Try different combinations, its been awhile since I worked this out. If you open in the wrong mode, (just the map) switching (i.e. to satellite) doesn't help. You may even have to restart the CS.

Sorry so vague. It's been awhile since I had to the issue and I got it working by changing the layer view and restarting, so I can't remember the exact scenario.

I have tried every variation of what you have suggested and nothing has had any effect on this problem.
Am I the only person with a Crystal Sky and this problem now?

Attachments

• IMG_7141.JPG
    IMG_7141.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7140.JPG
    IMG_7140.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7138.JPG
    IMG_7138.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 26
There is nothing physically wrong with the unit, but the firmware seems to have become unstable.

Around August thru October last year I started to experience problems with a blank screen where the Map should be displayed.
I found that by exiting DJI Go4 App and restarting it usually made the map return. After a couple of months break over the winter months I tried my first flight yesterday and I had no way of getting the Map to appear. Everything including the video feed was perfect as usual.

When I returned home I searched the Internet and found other users had also reported this problem, but I could not find a definitive cure listed anywhere!

The attached images that show the various problems and my attempts at resolving them. I hasten to add that I have not updated any firmware/software since the day that I purchased the unit, so if it was working, it should still be working.

Pictures: -
The first picture shows that the Map is in Chinese in the bottom left corner of the screen. If I zoom out to the British Isles then I have a map, but when I zoom in down to something like 50km scale the map and details disappear.

Picture 2: All details are shown in Chinese!
Picture 2: Notice that the map of China is “Active” – but why????
Picture 2: Map Coordinates for China are disabled. Picture 2: Now let’s check the CrystalSky units itself: - Picture 2: Date and time are set to UK.
Picture 2: I have signed into my DJI account. Picture 2: So let’s try a System update of the firmware…….
Picture 2: This message would indicate that I have no Internet, and yet …..
Picture 2: I can use the internal Explorer App to view webpages!!

This is a curious bug as it gradually developed over a couple of months.

I have plenty of spare internal memory, so memory is not a problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

George

Attachments

• Img_7139.jpg
    Img_7139.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7140.JPG
    IMG_7140.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7141.JPG
    IMG_7141.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7142.JPG
    IMG_7142.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7143.JPG
    IMG_7143.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7144.JPG
    IMG_7144.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7145.JPG
    IMG_7145.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7146.JPG
    IMG_7146.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7147.JPG
    IMG_7147.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7148.JPG
    IMG_7148.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 22
shoot this guy an email/reply for help on hi FB page..! hes very familiar with the CS monitor issues & pretty much knows the ins/out of CS...hes helped out alot of CS owners troubleshoot & fix CS issues.... heres a pic of his FB page/infoIMG_4638.JPG and on Instgram IMG_4639.JPG hope he helps you out with ur CS issues as he done for me also,i too have the CS/UB7.85 and had similar issues

Reactions: Myha
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme