DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No more mavic 2 batteries

PropSpin

Reactions
About a week ago I ordered two M2 batteries from Adorama. The listing stated "hurry, limited stock". The order went through and a few days later I was notified by e-mail my order would arrive by Friday. The day after I received another e-mail stating that my order was canceled. Well, part of it was. One battery was back ordered, then cancelled and it looks like I will receive the other Friday as I have a tracking number for it. The e-mail stating my order was cancelled stated that DJI notified them that the item has been discontinued and they could not fulfill the complete order.
The only other place I found w/ new batteries for sale was DJI. They had M2 batteries listed for same price, $149. I ordered one, hasn't shipped yet. I'm hoping it does...
Anyways, what are people planning on doing when batteries are no longer available? I think I'll be rebuilding my packs. I already have two that fail-safed while being stored. I just need to get my debug board and do a good job of opening the cases w/out seriously deforming them.

About a week ago I ordered two M2 batteries from Adorama. The listing stated "hurry, limited stock". The order went through and a few days later I was notified by e-mail my order would arrive by Friday. The day after I received another e-mail stating that my order was canceled. Well, part of it was. One battery was back ordered, then cancelled and it looks like I will receive the other Friday as I have a tracking number for it. The e-mail stating my order was cancelled stated that DJI notified them that the item has been discontinued and they could not fulfill the complete order.
The only other place I found w/ new batteries for sale was DJI. They had M2 batteries listed for same price, $149. I ordered one, hasn't shipped yet. I'm hoping it does...
Anyways, what are people planning on doing when batteries are no longer available? I think I'll be rebuilding my packs. I already have two that fail-safed while being stored. I just need to get my debug board and do a good job of opening the cases w/out seriously deforming them.
Well, the M2 was a very popular platform and still is. I have not even jumped to M3 yet. I would guess that as soon as DJI does stop selling them the aftermarket folk will jump in. Heck, you can still get Phantom 2 batteries! (aftermarket).

DJI is listing a lot of past and recently obsoleted batteries in their website store.
See this post below, some are out now, others soon if the expected dates of new stock are on time.

It's odd then that Adorama said DJI told them the item was discontinued and they couldn't stock anymore. Particularly when they are making previously discontinued batteries available again. Pretty annoying that Adorama let me order an item that wasn't actually in their inventory too.
I got notification from DJI after starting this thread that they've shipped my battery, so that's good.

I purchased a new M2 battery today, locally in Norway, It was listed as "to be discontinued".

I just got 2 from Amazon.....E bay has them and Adaroma shows them in stock

I just got 2 from Amazon.....E bay has them and Adaroma shows them in stock
I would expect Adorama to end up canceling the order. I think I'll call them to see what's up with their system later today though and complain...
Two weeks ago I ordered tires from Costco that showed "in stock" and were on sale. Five days later I get an e-mail stating order was canceled b/c there were none in inventory. A few days later I went back on their website to see if they had another tire I might want, and I saw that the same tire I originally ordered was still listed as available and on sale. I ended up talking to the Costco tire guy in person at my local Costco and asked him to check and he verified they were not available from the manufacturer. Apparently Costco is bad about keeping their website updated. I'm not surprised if other companies have the same problem.

It's odd then that Adorama said DJI told them the item was discontinued and they couldn't stock anymore. Particularly when they are making previously discontinued batteries available again. Pretty annoying that Adorama let me order an item that wasn't actually in their inventory too.
I got notification from DJI after starting this thread that they've shipped my battery, so that's good.
DJI has them on their site for $149

I foresaw this and sold my M2P and this was one of the reasons. I ws fearful that the drone and batteries would soon become out of production. I relaxed it with M3. a

Anyways, what are people planning on doing when batteries are no longer available?
I stock up on batteries, I have five now. With proper care they will hopefully last many years. I refuse to sell my Mavic 2 Pros ( I have two now). For me the M2P is the best drone DJI has made, it is reliable, has a proper tripod mode, and uses the Go4 app. I had a few Phantom 4 Pros, they are fantastic, but I needed a drone that was easier to tansport, so the foldable M2P is the next best option.

Reactions: PropSpin
Frightened of DJI history repeating itself when M3 reared its props I bought 4 extra M2P batteries boxed and unconscious. Along with the other 4 batteries I have. 1200$ for batteries. Hmmm. Lol. ✌🏼 Godspeed Droniac

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS