DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No network connection???

JimSteadman

Reactions
Network Connection Required - I have an mini 3 Pro and had to get a new RC as the first one failed after less than a month. When the new one came I had some difficulty pairing it wth my drone - doubtless operator error - and all was well until I tried to install a software update. Cannot be done, apparently. The RC tells me that there is no network connection despite the fact that it is sitting on the table beside me, where my computer is wirelessly on - line and my phone works just fine. I have tried umpteen times (and only noticed the last time that the name of my WIFI network was not correct on the new RC, but that has been remedied and it still tells me there is no network connection. Suggestions??

If you have swiped down twice from the top of the screen in order to view the wifi connection icon and it shows you connected to your local wifi network I am stumped if, after that, it tells you there is no wifi connection. At that point I'd be on a chat with DJI.

Reactions: ssvdh66
I use my iPhone hotspot while in the field.

Reactions: jaymc
I use my iPhone hotspot while in the field.
A good solution many people don't even know about 🙂

Also, a network connection isn't required to fully operate the drone without restriction. Just required to connect periodically to update FlySafe DB.

The RC tells me that there is no network connection despite the fact that it is sitting on the table beside me, where my computer is wirelessly on - line and my phone works just fine. I have tried umpteen times (and only noticed the last time that the name of my WIFI network was not correct on the new RC, but that has been remedied and it still tells me there is no network connection. Suggestions??
On the forum, some users reported that the RC was not always reaching the DJI servers. This can be fixed by changing the DNS servers entry in the router. For example, use Google DNS: Configure your network settings to use IP addresses 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as your DNS servers.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky