DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No option to Cache Maps in "General Settings"

TVOC000

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie here. I don't see the option to Cache Maps in the General Settings. Also, when I exit the interface and click on the DJI Mavic Menu << Scan QR Code, Academy, Flight Record, etc >>, I don't find option to cache offline maps. I don't always have good Wifi access so the ability to cache offline maps is very important to me :(

I don't see the option to Cache Maps in the General Settings.
The Android version of DJI GO has no option to cache the maps. It caches them by default.

when I exit the interface and click on the DJI Mavic Menu << Scan QR Code, Academy, Flight Record, etc >>, I don't find option to cache offline maps.
That feature was removed from the current version of DJI GO. You'll be able to use it if you roll back to DJI GO 4.1.15.

You can download the 4.1.15 APK here. You'll need to sideload it like this after uninstalling your current version of DJI GO.

I am running on the DJI GO 4 app, not the DJI GO. Does that mean I'm all set?

No. You're not all set. You'll need to downgrade to DJI GO 4.1.15. Please see my instructions above.

FYI, "DJI GO 4.1.15" is the "DJI GO 4" app. DJI GO 3 is not compatible with the Mavic, so you wouldn't even be able to connect it to the Mavic if you had it installed.

I just uninstalled my version of the DJI GO 4 and reinstalled the version you mentioned in your previous comments but no change. It's literally the same app, no caching offline maps. Like I mentionede earlier, I'm using Google Pixel XL 2 which is an android phone. I don't know if it's a difference between the iOS version and Android verison of the app.

You should see the "Offline Map" feature in the menu on the main screen of the DJI GO app when running DJI GO 4.1.15. If you don't see it, shut down DJI GO and restart it.

FYI, the iOS version of DJI GO does not contain the "Offline Map" feature in any version. So, you won't ever see that feature when using an Apple device.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Also, I have the most recent firmware installed on my Google Pixel XL 2.
Sorry for the late reply - I plan on purchasing the Pixel 2 XL this weekend. Other than the map caching issue on the Go 4 app, does the app run OK when controlling your Mavic? I currently use a Samsung Galaxy 6 edge which works OK, I get a few "DISCONNECTED" messages even when the RC is still in contact with the drone. Have you seen that on your Pixel 2 XL?

Does anyone know the rason why DJI disabled offline maps? ...and never had them in the apple version?

Copyright issues maybe?

Does anyone know the rason why DJI disabled offline maps? ...and never had them in the apple version?

Copyright issues maybe?
Possibly related to them changing map providers?

On iOS, you can still cache the maps in the DJI Go 4 app.

I use an ipad (without sim Card) and so far I have not figured out how to download maps and have them available while outdoors, flying...

I use an ipad (without sim Card) and so far I have not figured out how to download maps and have them available while outdoors, flying...
You need to cache the maps in DJI GO like this.

On iOS, you can still cache the maps in the DJI Go 4 app.

For some reason I can't get this to work as I'd like.

I have the 'cache maps' enabled on the app but everytime I run the app in aeroplane mode it shows me the compass and not the map. I have to then enable data for a second for the maps to show. I can then use the app in aeroplane mode tofly the drone with the maps.

Works fine on my Android device. Maps load straight away in aeroplane mode.

For some reason I can't get this to work as I'd like.

I have the 'cache maps' enabled on the app but everytime I run the app in aeroplane mode it shows me the compass and not the map. I have to then enable data for a second for the maps to show. I can then use the app in aeroplane mode tofly the drone with the maps.

Works fine on my Android device. Maps load straight away in aeroplane mode.
Did you follow the steps that msinger posted above?

You need to open the DJI Go 4 app while you are connected to the internet and pan around the area where you plan to fly. The maps will get cached in the app so that you will have them when you are no longer connected to the internet.

You should see the "Offline Map" feature in the menu on the main screen of the DJI GO app when running DJI GO 4.1.15. If you don't see it, shut down DJI GO and restart it.

FYI, the iOS version of DJI GO does not contain the "Offline Map" feature in any version. So, you won't ever see that feature when using an Apple device.

ahhh that explain why I don't have it ios :( So what does a person do if they don't have wifi access to get maps and you cant download them :(

ahhh that explain why I don't have it ios :( So what does a person do if they don't have wifi access to get maps and you cant download them :(
As noted multiple times in this thread, you can CACHE the maps in advance while you are connected to the internet (at home or wherever) and then you will have them while you are not connected to the internet.

Alternately, you can hotspot your phone.

hummmm I didn't see that "Cache Maps in the Background" in the menu hum maybe I miss t? I will look again.... yes hotspot would work if ya can get cell service at the location. but were I want to go I cant :(

i did find it and it is on BUT it its not saving them i zoom in and move around...i must be missing a step or doing something wrong lol

Did you follow the steps that msinger posted above?

You need to open the DJI Go 4 app while you are connected to the internet and pan around the area where you plan to fly. The maps will get cached in the app so that you will have them when you are no longer connected to the internet.

Yes, I have. Had to go through the same steps to get it to work on the Android device.

Do you use iOS? Is it working for you?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard