DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No pano with firmware updat

OK Tom, connect to your AC and open Go4. When ready tap on the 3 little dots top right of screen. Then at the bottom of all the menus tap the 3 little dots. What is your firmware version?

Ok mate well it should be there, like the picture I showed earlier.
There is an option there to check for firmware updates, can you make sure you have full batteries and good internet and try that???
Otherwise Ol'mate, I'm at a loss!! Take it back and get a bran'newie!

I'd go and check the AC firmware in DJI Assistant 2 on the pc and refresh it, and also set the AC back to standard via a factory reset as well

thank you guys but I have tried assit 2 after a factory reset. it should work but it don't, going to pound dji tomorrow.

Well that sucked. So heres the complaint and history in case we forgot since page one. so the main problem is that the Pane function does not show up on the menu where its is suppose to be. Second problem is that I can not get the auto track, Quickshot, Gesture, or tap fly to work at all. Any function that requires me to tap or select a target with the screen does not work at all. On tap fly , as a example, I tap the screen and see a " go " in a circle. Then nothing happens. If I drag a box around a target to track, as soon as I let go of the screen, the box collapses. Course track, Point of interest and Home lock work great. Those functions are all GPS based and work great. None of the camera interface options work. I keep getting told to update software, I HAVE A HUNDRED TIMES in every conceivable way OR try a different phone/ tablet . I dont have a second one to try and I dont want to buy one just to try and then not have a use for it.

So I spent more time with live person of no concern ( PNC, we should use that instead of customer service.) At DJI today and was told the same things and to look for a update for problems with the galaxy s8 active some time in the not for see-able future. This sucks.

Well found another device to use and no joy with it either. Which means it has to be the controller or the drone right?

reloading the firm ware on the drone again right now but I have to leave to shoot geese in 20 mins. So will follow up later.

I never did get this issue resolved. But was still fly the bird for other uses. I ended up crashing it and having to send it in to be fixed. Gimbal override that I couldn't fix. Probly the ribbon. While I had it in I push them with several phone calls and several E mails to take a look at the firmware. They would never let me talk To a tech. But I guess they got the word. couldn't get it to work and they're sending me a brand new bird. Should have been here to day but its stuck in Eastern Washington due to weather should have it Monday. Sorry I didn't follow up with you until now but I haven't been on the site .

I never did get this issue resolved. But was still fly the bird for other uses. I ended up crashing it and having to send it in to be fixed. Gimbal override that I couldn't fix. Probly the ribbon. While I had it in I push them with several phone calls and several E mails to take a look at the firmware. They would never let me talk To a tech. But I guess they got the word. couldn't get it to work and they're sending me a brand new bird. Should have been here to day but its stuck in Eastern Washington due to weather should have it Monday. Sorry I didn't follow up with you until now but I haven't been on the site .

So sorry to hear about your crash! I just found your thread and just resolved this exact same issue. It’s not a firmware problem. I’d be willing to bet your object avoidance sensors weren’t working either.

Apparently if they fail, the Pano and Quickshot modes just .. don’t show up.

Did you have the “radar lines” on your main screen showing objects etc? My Mavic did not — and that was the clue that something was seriously wrong with the object sensors.

We finally put 2+2 together and I had to send the Mavic in for repair. All is good now, as I suspect yours will be too.

Best of luck - let us know how you make out when the new one arrives!

Got sent anew unit this week. Tried the pano and it was not there. I had to update but it worked on the second try. I got to take a few panos before the rain started. Will post in a few days. I think you where right about the sensor not working but it works now. Go do all the tap features. Could not get the quick set features to work but that maybe my fault.

Reactions: dmurphynj
Hopefully the weather cooperates and you can get out and stretch it’s legs! Glad it seems all well. There’s definitely a connection between the sensors and the Pano mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent