DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Pins to Unlock Fly Safe Zone

Regarding the need to import the approval to the drone, this should not be required. As noted on the DJI Unlock Zone website here:
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

No mention of the need to import to the drone is needed. I guess you just need to make sure that your start the Go4 app while connected to the internet anso that you can log in using the 'Me' option in the app. Then go to site and all should be good?
"When your request is approved, go to the Camera View, select General Settings, and select Unlocking List in the DJI GO or DJI GO 4 app to confirm your flight license has been downloaded. Afterwards, you can fly in the Authorization Zone without a network connection."

I have not yet tried any of this myself, but I found this web page that seems to have a good article that explains the concepts and good "how to do" steps:
Troubleshooting DJI Geofence Unlocks (GEO 2.0)

Note that this tutorial suggests that the "pins" only appear in the web-based tool.

If you are doing an unlock via the webpage for a 3 day period, not a one time on the spot unlock, then you will most definitely need to import to the aaircraft. It is very simple. You turn on the drone. It gets GPS lock and sshows red and says unable to take off. You go in Go4 to General settings then Unlock Licenses. You will see the license and a blue button saying Import to Aircraft. You select the button. It takes about 1 second and then the screen goes Green and says Ready to Fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez