DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Pins to Unlock Fly Safe Zone

rparkins

Reactions
On more than one frustrating occation, I opened DJI Fly Safe to self unlock an authorization zone only to notice there were no pins shown; just the colored zones. I've tried everything including a rebot and uninstall/reinstall of the 4.0 app. What's the fix?Capture.PNG

Is this on the App or the website?

• Love
Reactions: Dashing Chris
Screenshot_20190906-184217.png
This is what I get when I do it on the website. I see no problems. I use the website and unlock almost every weekend as I live in a 'zone'.

The image is a screen shot of my iPad at the stage when, after opening the app, you can unlock a zone.

No idea. Actually never tried. I just use the dji unlock website ahead of time. I'm sure someone more experienced will answer about the app

Let me back up a step. I unlocked the zone from the website. However, when I went to the site to launch my controller indicated it was a NFZ. I then tried to unlock from the tablet and that's when I noticed there were no pins. Is there a way to confirm the unlock before you go into the field?

Let me back up a step. I unlocked the zone from the website. However, when I went to the site to launch my controller indicated it was a NFZ. I then tried to unlock from the tablet and that's when I noticed there were no pins. Is there a way to confirm the unlock before you go into the field?

Yes, the list of unlocks is inside the DJI GO 4 app. Launch the app, hit the "Me" button in the bottom right corner, click "More", then click "GEO Zone Unlocking Applications". Any approved self-unlocks you've obtained from the website should be listed there (assuming your device has internet access to download the authorizations)

Yep and then select the option to 'import' to the aircraft. After that you may get a pop-up window that has a checkbox to check which is nearly invisible. After checking press OK and then you will be ready to go.

Yep and then select the option to 'import' to the aircraft. After that you may get a pop-up window that has a checkbox to check which is nearly invisible. After checking press OK and then you will be ready to go.
I have opened the application page and see my validated requests. However, I don't see the import option. Where is that found?

I have opened the application page and see my validated requests. However, I don't see the import option. Where is that found?

Is your drone powered up, and is your device connected to the controller? Everything has to be connected for Import to show up. (although in my experience, the import was done automatically and I didn't need to manually take that step)

Is your drone powered up, and is your device connected to the controller? Everything has to be connected for Import to show up. (although in my experience, the import was done automatically and I didn't need to manually take that step)
Yes. Drone, controller, and tablet. To repeat, I selected "me", then "more", then 'My unlock NFZ application'. When that page opens, it is simply a list of my validated requests. If I select the right arrow (>), it desplays validation details. But nothing about an import option.

Yes. Drone, controller, and tablet. To repeat, I selected "me", then "more", then 'My unlock NFZ application'. When that page opens, it is simply a list of my validated requests. If I select the right arrow (>), it desplays validation details. But nothing about an import option.

In all honestly, it's been a couple of months since I've seen the Import button myself. It might be possible that DJI removed that with the latest update and simply auto-imports any of the authorizations in the app now.

In all honestly, it's been a couple of months since I've seen the Import button myself. It might be possible that DJI removed that with the latest update and simply auto-imports any of the authorizations in the app now.
I'm still wondering why the pins associated with each zone aren't showing up on my tablet when I'm trying to unlock onsite. I'm going back to the site. As I mentioned before, I unlocked the zone from my office, but upon arrival couldn't launch as it remained a NFZ. Augh!

I'm still wondering why the pins associated with each zone aren't showing up on my tablet when I'm trying to unlock onsite. I'm going back to the site. As I mentioned before, I unlocked the zone from my office, but upon arrival couldn't launch as it remained a NFZ. Augh!

The pins never showed up directly in DJI Go 4 in my experience, only on the website. Unlocking in Go 4 required you to be physically inside the specific NFZ where you would get the prompt upon starting your motors.

I'm not near my drone but that is a screenshot from Google. When you select your license you then have the Import button. At least my go4 (latest version) does.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redulus