DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No SD card detected

Craig Smith

Reactions
Problem? No SD card detected in Mavic Pro when card is in slot. This problem started about 3 weeks ago. This is not an intermittent failure. Since the problem started, no sd card put in slot is registered as being in slot.

Was unit in a crash? No. There was no trauma to Mavic Pro.

What have you tried so far?

Tried 3 - 4 working SD cards (that work on PC). These are SD cards that are reliable brand name cards (Sandisk, Samsung) that have all been functional for a long time now.
Making sure firmware is up to date
Reformatting an SD card to several different cluster sizes and tried that.
Tried formatting cards in Mavic, that fails.

Made sure 64GB msd card is formatted in exfat
Changed USB cable that connects remote control to cellphone on advice of forum member with similar problem who fixed it by changing USB cable.
Blowing a litttle canned air into slot

In all cases, card is sliding into and locking in place as it normally would
I could not see a problem visibly in the slot.

I have not yet tried getting a slot cleaning kit as this seems dicey for such an expensive unit.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
iphone 6splus

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
newest

What Go app version are you using?
newest

Any modification?
(if so what)
No modifications.

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
No.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
No.

Any help would be appreciated. I am hoping I can get this to work without having to send it back in.

Take care,
Craig

have you deleted the app and reinstalled it,also try a different card reader in your computer to access the card content ,sometimes the reader can cause the files to be corrupted when you download them to the computer, after reinstalling the app and putting the SD card in the drone, go through your normal procedure for connecting,the RC and device then turn on the AC and see if it all starts as it should if all is well go in camera settings and see if the card will format,i have had a similar issue and it was fixed by employing the method i outlined

have you deleted the app and reinstalled it,also try a different card reader in your computer to access the card content ,sometimes the reader can cause the files to be corrupted when you download them to the computer, after reinstalling the app and putting the SD card in the drone, go through your normal procedure for connecting,the RC and device then turn on the AC and see if it all starts as it should if all is well go in camera settings and see if the card will format,i have had a similar issue and it was fixed by employing the method i outlined
Thanks I will try this and let you know. Only want to contact DJI if I can't get this sorted any other way.

Reactions: old man mavic
tried reinstalling the app, tried yet another format of sd card in the mavic pro which failed because the mavic can't see the sd card (16gb). These 3 cards that I am using all work in the card reader, so there is no problem with reading files/no corrupted files etc.

Any other ideas or its off to DJI I have to go . . .

Take care everyone. Stay well,
Craig

Reactions: old man mavic
I don't see what else you could do. It's not like none of the cards were working in the craft, but were OK on our PC, for example. As you stated: " This problem started about 3 weeks ago", means it was OK when you started using the Mavic, cards were registered and working, correct me if I got this part wrong. If those same cards (and the others you possibly checked in the meantime) are still working somewhere else (PC, Mac...) and not in your Mavic, it's not software, it's likely hardware problem. So... I don't think you have many options left.

hi Craig sorry you are having no joy it does appear to be something in the AC, apart from trying a brand new card that has never been used then it looks like you will have to send it for repair, if you do try a new card just put it straight in the mav dont put it in your computer first

I don't see what else you could do. It's not like none of the cards were working in the craft, but were OK on our PC, for example. As you stated: " This problem started about 3 weeks ago", means it was OK when you started using the Mavic, cards were registered and working, correct me if I got this part wrong. If those same cards (and the others you possibly checked in the meantime) are still working somewhere else (PC, Mac...) and not in your Mavic, it's not software, it's likely hardware problem. So... I don't think you have many options left.
agree

Reactions: Dedal
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb