DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No SDK for the Mini 3 Pro in the near future

Yes that's correct. It will never happen since the architecture of DJI RC doesn't allow installation of any whatsoever third party apps. It's solely designed for the downscaled version of DJI Fly app. DJI RC is a low cost low performance gadget, IMO a toy. Just compare the price tag with DJI RC Pro controller which is a fully Android implementation with great CPU and enough Internal memory to run third party apps. And thus u're able to install third party Android apps too. ❤️
I know that the RC Pro is superior, but in no way will I ever spend the cost to purchase something that exceeds the total cost of my M3P & RC controller, combined.

I'm satisfied with my M3P, & neither plan nor anticipate buying another drone, unless there's some kind of major update/upgrade for the M3P; I'm also going to remain in the mini (sub-250 gm) class.

Also, don't have nor use a “smartphone” & neither do I plan nor anticipate ever doing so.

IF, perhaps, DJI makes waypoint planning/missions function available for the M3P/RC controller combo in the future, I'll try using that then.

I might even consider spending a little extra for that, but certainly not at the cost of purchasing the RC Pro, + that 3rd-party app!

DJI already has enough of my $$$$! 😏

Man the usual chest-thumping and hooting about how inferior the DJI RC is because it doesn't act as an Android tablet. Probably has a set of metal testicles hanging from the tow hitch of his lifted F150 too.

The DJI RC is a great product that fits nicely in its targeted niche. I absolutely love it, the convenience being no small matter. And I can use it with my A2S too.

I also use Litchi, and it's simple to just switch to the RC-N1 from my A2S when I need to.

For the price, I'm very happy with what that "toy" has added to my DJI collection.