DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No usable audio from RC Pro.

BlairAir

Reactions
Has anyone been able to capture usable audio on the RC Pro while screen recording? I wad disappointed that DJI removed the microphone when redesigning the Smart Controller. Memory management issues aside, this is hardware and st first, the change seemed logical. They realized capturing audio from a built in mic wasn't going to capture quality audio (even if most use cases would be simple voice-over for screen recordings.
Okay, I thought. I'll just start with a decent usb-c wired microphone. Except it was horrible sounding. Noisy, gain cranked to unusable levels. Tried another. Purchased a decent one. No change.
So I switched up to a wireless lavalier mic. Bad. Tried another. Worse. Tried Prosumer level setups up to $300.
I've yet to capture anything even remotely usable. These mics all work splendidly on my phone.
Do I have a defective controller? Who has gotten audio capture on the RC Pro that isn't you know what on toast?

Reactions: Norval
Has anyone been able to capture usable audio on the RC Pro while screen recording? I wad disappointed that DJI removed the microphone when redesigning the Smart Controller. Memory management issues aside, this is hardware and st first, the change seemed logical. They realized capturing audio from a built in mic wasn't going to capture quality audio (even if most use cases would be simple voice-over for screen recordings.
Okay, I thought. I'll just start with a decent usb-c wired microphone. Except it was horrible sounding. Noisy, gain cranked to unusable levels. Tried another. Purchased a decent one. No change.
So I switched up to a wireless lavalier mic. Bad. Tried another. Worse. Tried Prosumer level setups up to $300.
I've yet to capture anything even remotely usable. These mics all work splendidly on my phone.
Do I have a defective controller? Who has gotten audio capture on the RC Pro that isn't you know what on toast?
Yes. Check out this video we produced on the subject.

Reactions: Norval and k0200679
I've used my Rode wireless go to record audio to the RC pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky