DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No video input or map...

Steelrumor

Reactions
I’m running a MEP 2 with the smart controller. Everything is 100% up to date.
For some reason I will just suddenly loose all video feed. A completely black screen... it’s random. I can be flying 20 feet in front of my face and poof no video. Turn it off and back on again I’ve got video. That’s will 100% connection between drone and controller.
The same goes with my maps... I either have no maps or the map is so pixelated I can’t see anything.

is there something in the settings I’m missing? I’m running on my iPhone hotspot for data.

Also, see if it goes away without the hotspot (since you don't need data to fly), just to rule it out as a suspect.

I’m running a MEP 2 with the smart controller. Everything is 100% up to date.
For some reason I will just suddenly loose all video feed. A completely black screen... it’s random. I can be flying 20 feet in front of my face and poof no video. Turn it off and back on again I’ve got video. That’s will 100% connection between drone and controller.
The same goes with my maps... I either have no maps or the map is so pixelated I can’t see anything.

is there something in the settings I’m missing? I’m running on my iPhone hotspot for data.

Sounds like the SC is at fault if you’re losing video, ie, the whole screen including the display icons goes black. Or is it just the video from the MEP that’s missing? If just the MEP feed, are you seeing any telemetry data such as height etc?

I’ll try this! But will the maps load without a hotspot?
The maps can be cached (either from home with wifi, or the hotspot) for use when flying offline, and that's another topic all together, but you don't need maps to fly. You a) can use the map display to see the AC position relative to HP (even when the map has no details of your surroundings) and b) you should be flying VLOS anyway.

Maps are nice, but you do not need them to fly.

Sounds like the SC is at fault if you’re losing video, ie, the whole screen including the display icons goes black. Or is it just the video from the MEP that’s missing? If just the MEP feed, are you seeing any telemetry data such as height etc?
I still see all my telemetry and if it’s on the ground I can even see the green and red from the sensors. I’ve tried switching to Ir or MCX and it’s the same

The maps can be cached (either from home with wifi, or the hotspot) for use when flying offline, and that's another topic all together, but you don't need maps to fly. You a) can use the map display to see the AC position relative to HP (even when the map has no details of your surroundings) and b) you should be flying VLOS anyway.

Maps are nice, but you do not need them to fly.
So my home point isn’t even displaying on the maps.. it’s black like the video feed. Still have all my icons..

I use the maps to know what field I’m in for logging purposes. We use the drones to survey cattle and wildlife on our 1100 acre ranch

I still see all my telemetry and if it’s on the ground I can even see the green and red from the sensors. I’ve tried switching to Ir or MCX and it’s the same

As previous post, try without the iPhone link to rule out hotspot if it’s linking via WiFi, which uses the same 2.4 or 5.8GHz band as the AC to SC Occusync comms.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925