DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No video on sd card!

Bala

Reactions
Hi. Hope someone can help with this problem? I took my 1st long flight the other day with video running. The flight was 6 1/2 min long. I then landed and switched the machine off. Half an hour later i took off again and did 1 photo in pano mode. When i put my sd card into my imac only the pano photo was there! The video was cached into the ipad mini 2 that i fly with though. Can any of you guys tell me why the original video was missing from the card?? The sd is a SanDisk Extreme 32g. Was that enough memory for a 6 min flight?? I'm almost sure i formatted it before flight.........

In 4k it is 4G/10 minutes, so no issue regarding capacity. In any case, the file would be closed and present on the card.
You forget to start the video?
Can you reproduce the effect?

Are you SURE you were recording? Everyone makes this mistake at least once!

This is a dumb question because I never bothered to think about it before but surely if the OP has video cached on his control device then surely it ought to have been on the drone's SD card too. I mean you don't land after every flight with a complete video record when you weren't recording do you? I turned caching off a while ago to save my phone getting clogged up with garbage so I might have just forgotten... o_O

Definitely recording. The video was stored on my ipad but not on the sd card. This was of inferior quality of course. Real bummer after going so far, the flight was 2.3 miles. I have read that i might have switched the mavic off to soon after landing and not given the video time to finish 'down loading' ?? Not sure about that. I format the card every time before a flight if i'm going to video. Any ideas or anyone that has had this problem?? I took a very short video yesterday just in my kitchen and popped the card into my computer. Everything was as it should be. I'm stumped!

Well it's a good point - did you actually STOP recording in DJI Go? I'm pretty sure that if you don't, and you just turn the drone off, it's lost. The iPad is just a cache so it stops recording when data stops arriving.

I might be wrong but.....?

Good point indeed but i stopped recording 2 mins at least before i landed. It shows on the cached video where it ends. I used the stop button on the controller. I must have done something wrong though. I'll take another flight as soon as weather improves and test again. Just have to let this one go..............

In my opening post i said the flight was 6 1/2 mins long. I should have said the video is that long, the flight was longer.

Again a stupid question but I assume you've opened every file in sight on the SD card? If it started out formatted, what does your file manager/explorer (sorry I'm don't do Apple) tell you about how much data is on the card; is it just enough for the panos and that's it, or is there more data, potentially in a hidden or corrupt file?

Oh well worth a try. Always useful to see how much space your file manager reports is used on the card though as it might tell a different story. Sorry it didn't work out - sadly could be anything from the app writing corrupt file headers to a dodgy card. Personally I'd use a different one for now and run diagnostics on the current one in case there are damaged sectors on it.

Yeah. Thank you for your advice Thwyllo. I have a 16g SanDisk so i think i'll swap for now. Need to google how to run diagnostics. I still think i did something fundamentally wrong but can't think what. Concentrating on so many things when we fly, it can happen i suppose. Much appreciated!

When I say diagnostics, I just mean a good old Windows 'defrag' which will tell you if there are any bad sectors. There are probably more up to date ways of doing it I'm sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada