DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No words

klaatu

Reactions
I bought my first very cheap drone as a test to see if I actually liked the hobby before spending a lot of cash on a proper drone. It was a Hubsan X4 and it was a lot of fun. I crashed it a lot, and the video was pretty poor. But it was enough to know that I wanted to get into the hobby properly. Our situation changed quite quickly after that - I took early retirement, we left our home on an island in the far north of Scotland, and we started travelling Europe in a motorhome. We then sold our house in Scotland and bought a house in France. The drone idea went on the back burner.

Then, a few weeks ago, I heard about the Mavic Air 2, and I thought - why not? So I bought one from Amazon France and it arrived about a week ago. Wow. What fun. I am having such a blast with this thing and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what it can do. So easy to fly and such superb video. I so enjoy sitting outside our house with a glass of wine, and flying across the french countryside. Now that restrictions are being lifted here, I look forward to going off in our motorhome again and flying all over europe. Amazing.

Welcome to our Forum from across the pond in Texas!

How many times in your life have you said to yourself, "If I could only get up there to take this shot".

Now you can. Welcome to the club!

I bought my first very cheap drone as a test to see if I actually liked the hobby before spending a lot of cash on a proper drone. It was a Hubsan X4 and it was a lot of fun. I crashed it a lot, and the video was pretty poor. But it was enough to know that I wanted to get into the hobby properly. Our situation changed quite quickly after that - I took early retirement, we left our home on an island in the far north of Scotland, and we started travelling Europe in a motorhome. We then sold our house in Scotland and bought a house in France. The drone idea went on the back burner.

Then, a few weeks ago, I heard about the Mavic Air 2, and I thought - why not? So I bought one from Amazon France and it arrived about a week ago. Wow. What fun. I am having such a blast with this thing and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what it can do. So easy to fly and such superb video. I so enjoy sitting outside our house with a glass of wine, and flying across the french countryside. Now that restrictions are being lifted here, I look forward to going off in our motorhome again and flying all over europe. Amazing.
To me that sounds like the perfect life.
Retired, traveling and flying a drone.
I will pass on the wine since I don't drink anymore.
Enjoy life. This is what you spent a lifetime working for but make sure you eat well, sleep well and smile slot.
Those guarantee a longer life.

Congratulations! We did almost the exact same thing, albeit over 20 years ago. We both took early retirement (I was 47, my wife 41), sold everything and hit the road in a motorhome. We finally settled back down and built another home almost 12 years later. For me it wasn't drones that went on the back burner, it was drums. I was a drummer back in my high school years and no way was I able to take that hobby on the road :) Gosh, if drones were available back then it would have been a no brainer :)

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

What a great plan! Stay safe and stay aloft! Welcome to the Drone Zone! Bon chance!!! ????

klaatu, I remember you from "The Day the Earth Stood Still."

Reactions: klaatu
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan