DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Yaw, this thing has a mind of its own.

serfy

Reactions
I did a quick flight tonight and upon landing the drone wouldn't yaw, like ZIP, ZERO, NADA spin. My patio has some obstacles so I usally like to back it in on the final, but had to fly it at an angle to get it to land. What’s up with that DJI!? The M3 has some great features, but I still prefer my P4P in a lot of ways.

Is this a firmware glitch or is there some poorly thought out "safety feature" that I don't know about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a firmware glitch or is there some poorly thought out "safety feature" that I don't know about?
Do you mean that the drone wouldn't fly left or right?
To yaw is to rotate left or right, rather than to fly sideways.

If it wouldn't fly left or right, there is a setting in the safety section of the app to switch that off.

Yes, I know what yaw means. It wouldn't yaw. I had to fly it back to land at an angle, around my pergola, in the dark.

I just looked thru the safety panels and didn't see anything that would prevent control of the drone.

Last edited:
Serfy,
Sounds goofy, like trying to fly when there is a highlighted "spotlight" subject, which will orient visual towards the subject while allowing a limited degree of manual control to remain. If you don't use the function much, try it in N or S mode, by drawing a box on the screen with your finger to select a subject. Remember you have to remove the hightlight on the subject before full flight function returns.

Yes, I know what yaw means. It wouldn't yaw. I had to fly it back to land at an angle, around my pergola, in the dark.
I just looked thru the safety panels and didn't see anything that would prevent control of the drone.
I don't think I've ever heard of a similar incident.
Your recorded flight data might have a clue to solve the mystery.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Reactions: AnzacJack
I had a similar problem and the mini 2 would not rotate until I adjusted advanced gimbal settings. i.e. after watching videos...I learned how important AGS was to navigate.

I had that happen to me on the M3 I returned. I have not had that issue on the replacement. The first m3 also lost connection with the controller nearly every flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart