DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noise reduction automatically applied?

mr.jipi_

Reactions
The old Mavic applied noise reduction at 0 sharpening. Is it still the same with the Mavic 2 Pro ? Should I go with +1 sharpness to avoid it?

The old Mavic applied noise reduction at 0 sharpening. Is it still the same with the Mavic 2 Pro ? Should I go with +1 sharpness to avoid it?
Are you talking about RAW (DNG) or JPEG format stills? Any sharpening applied to DJI-cooked JPEG will worsen the noise, the same is valid for post-processing of DNG files. With M2P raw stills I will recommend Standard 0,0,0 settings and experiment in post production Camera Raw sharpening within 40 range + Noise Reduction at approx. 25 value.

I'm sorry I should have been more specific, I was talking about VIDEO.
I'm not sure if DJI decided to apply noise reduction to a video before H.264/265 coding , but any sharpening - pre or post applied - will only worsen the noise ...

Last edited:
Try iMovie. Let’s you add a soundtrack of choice . Eric Matyas has posted hundreds of free ones in this forum.

I know when I got my M2Z, I have had a heck of a time trying to figure out what settings where going to work, I was either way to "Flat" or way over sharpened. I have my M2Z packed away for a flight trip today. But I want to say right now I "think" I am at 0,1,1. That is my preference for a straight off the camera with good look to SDCard (Youtube Uploads) so perhaps 0,0,0 might work for post. But to me it was pretty nasty looking for straight video. I like the old Vivid mode so that is why the Saturation got the click to "1" BTW. Otherwise I have yet to really mess at this point with Post on Video as my M2Z is too new and I haven't got a job yet that didn't want the video RAW untouched and they did Post.

I know what your talking about with the MP1, and cannot confirm at this point if the M2's are doing it, IF so who knows where DJI put it this time?? I know my P3P has a perfect picture at 2,3,2..So yeah DJI places that crap all over the place. I spent two weeks playing around till I got close to my P3P output and above is where I think I left it.

Best of luck...Oh and I use Sony Vegas Pro...cause the other guy seems to think this is about a Editor :p Sorry Mod...couldn't resist. :)

I'm not sure if DJI decided to apply noise reduction to a video before H.264/265 coding , but any sharpening - pre or post processed - will only worsen the noise ...

Indeed. But in camera noise reduction is the worst. So if sharpening +1 makes it go away like in Mavic Pro, it is still a better option.

I read mixed things online about the less destructive settings...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inou