DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob In Cleveland

Welcome from North Canton! :) Its pretty easy to figure the basics out just be careful in the beginning.
Any questions, just ask!!

Reactions: Hauptmann
Well got my first Mavic but not even sure where to start. I’m just south of Cleveland in Middleburg Heights and would love to connect with someone going out so I can get some pointers. Just updating my software now, got it registered, but still I’m a little weary I admit about making my first flight.
I know how you feel! It’s going to be alright. I had i tough time at first but all the pointers in the world did not stop me from making my mistakes. It takes flight time to get good. My biggest thing right now is not allowing myself to get comfortable flying, things go sideways fast! My biggest suggestion don’t try to do what you see others do. Spectacular flight comes with spectacular risks. Every flight is a risk. I have learned to use the “UAV forecast“ app If it says don’t fly I don’t if it’s close to Don’t fly conditions I won’t. I lived in Cleveland Akron area years ago, you guys have some great forests and farmlands for filming. Have fun and if you haven’t yet sign up for DJI replenish and keep your eyes open for a old bow and arrow set I needed both?

Welcome fellow Buckeye!!

As people have said common sense, knowing your drone, your limits, and proper planning is the best things for getting started. Wide open spaces doesn't hurt either! :) Taking your hands off the controls generally stops the drone in place but familiarize yourself with the location of the pause button on your remote.

Congratulations on getting your first Mavic! Not sure which one it is but IMHO there is not a bad one in the bunch.

HAVE FUN!!!

Well got my first Mavic but not even sure where to start. I’m just south of Cleveland in Middleburg Heights and would love to connect with someone going out so I can get some pointers. Just updating my software now, got it registered, but still I’m a little weary I admit about making my first flight.
Welcome to the group and congrats on your 1st Mavic. I’m in Olmsted Twp. We lived in Middleburg for 14 years then decided to venture a few minutes west. You’ll have a blast with your new bird. Enjoy! ??

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas!

You'll find that flying your DJI quad is so easy it practically flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone. Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout Northern Ohio.

Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us from around the world to assist you as you gain experience and grow as a pilot and photographer.

Glad to have you as a member!

Welcome from a fellow Clevelander (Eastside)

Still fairly new myself, but always learning and reading on the forums, and as my avatar can attest, flying out over the lake is what I enjoy and I have grown quite comfortable with my AC

Welcome from a fellow Clevelander (Eastside)

Still fairly new myself, but always learning and reading on the forums, and as my avatar can attest, flying out over the lake is what I enjoy and I have grown quite comfortable with my AC
I have to get over my fear of flying over Lake Erie. I keep thinking it will have the issues some pilots have with falling out of the sky in the middle of a flight. I know it sounds stupid, but almost $1000 on a drone sinking into the water doesn’t sound too good. I’ll get there at some point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU