DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob needs help!

I have often thought about how these 'sensors' work considering that there is only 2 of them 1 above & 1 below and no less than 8 more basic camera 'sensors.'

Forward, backward downward cameras : they are 3D cameras and work just like your eyes. If you walk towards a wall, you will stop before hitting it right ?

sideway cameras : similar to the cameras above but they are not 3D. I have been suspecting that they detect distance by using the focusing mechanism of ordinary cameras.

IR sensors on top and bottom : The sensor transmits an IR beam which is reflected back to the sensor by the obstacle. The time of flight of the IR signal tells how close the obstcale is.

As someone else said, the M2 is not an indoor toy. The Mini is better suited for indoor use... unless you have house with high ceilings and large rooms. However if you insist, tripod mode is the only one to use and others have told you about turning sensors off.

Reactions: yawyaw33
As someone else said, the M2 is not an indoor toy. The Mini is better suited for indoor use... unless you have house with high ceilings and large rooms. However if you insist, tripod mode is the only one to use and others have told you about turning sensors off.
Thankyou.

If someone could tell me what settings are most suitable for indoor flying of a M2P I would be so grateful. Thanks.
You will have a lot of problems indoor especially with an M2P because the sensors are so good. It will constantly see walls and other stuff. To fly indoors shut off your sensors or go to sport mode (which shuts off the sensors I think). Just obviously be very cautious so you don't clip things. If you are a noob learn how to control the drone outdoors first. Just go real low and slow around obstructions until you get real good, then go indoors. Also set your max speed in the menu real low so you don't jerk real fast by mistake. Tripod mode also sets speeds real slow

You will have a lot of problems indoor especially with an M2P because the sensors are so good. It will constantly see walls and other stuff. To fly indoors shut off your sensors or go to sport mode (which shuts off the sensors I think). Just obviously be very cautious so you don't clip things. If you are a noob learn how to control the drone outdoors first. Just go real low and slow around obstructions until you get real good, then go indoors. Also set your max speed in the menu real low so you don't jerk real fast by mistake. Tripod mode also sets speeds real slow
Consensus seems to settle on Tripod! Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986