DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Noob, Testing some stuff out

taboo

Reactions
Hi all, ultra noob here. Been dabbling in photography for the past few years and decided to start getting a bit more into videography and drones. Here's some test footage from my Mavic Air 2, just trying to understand how the 60fps 4k will look. Filmed in normal mode

I saturated it a bit and pumped the contrast some in Premiere, but I was surprised how noisy and un-sharp some of the details were when I was looking at it up close. Perhaps I messed up the ISO/shutter combination (I cant remember exactly what it was for this clip). Hoping to post a few more test videos in this thread in the future, as I keep learning. :) Any advice or educational sources are appreciated!

Much of my ‘education’ has been obtained from YouTube. Highly recommend. Especially good for learning from other’s mistakes.
Thanks!! I did just that before I went out again today, learned a bit more about shutter speed and video settings. I do a lot of low light photography so I guess I was a little surprised to learn that its a little different when you're filming as opposed to taking a single image of something (makes a lot of sense though)

Today I filmed a little in Cine mode using HDR, 30fps. I think it came out a LOT better! Really exciting to see, despite the fact that I don't have anything interesting in town to film lol. I'm excited to start planning out some real shots for when leaves and grass and stuff come back.

Classic newbie move; fly straight up and spin around. 😂 Not hatin just saying. I did the same thing when I first got into camera drones 2-years ago. Once you get over the initial fear of actually flying the drone you'll be sooo pleased with yourself. Practice and learn at your own pace, don't feel pressured to do anything beyond your skill level or comfort zone and you'll get there. As previously mentioned I'd also suggest watching lots and lots of YouTube videos on your particular drone, how to fly drones and making camera adjustments, etc. There's a lot of good info on YouTube University. 👍 :)

Reactions: taboo and Atkas

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929