DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noobie questions on editing (Mavic Air 2, Premiere Pro)

Heindrich1988

Reactions
Hey guys,

I am very much a beginner video editor. All I've done so far is stitching together and cutting videos shot in the same format, and some basic colour correction in Adobe Premiere Pro.

For the next step, I want to combine clips shot on different days with different techniques. I want the finished product to be a 4K video. I got a few questions about the steps required:

1. I shot a 5 second-long Hyperlapse, but the video it produced automatically was only 1080p, even though I shot it at 8K. So, to convert 125 8K pictures into a 4K video, what software should I use? I didn't see any obvious ways of doing it with Adobe PS or PR... One guide I saw recommended Adobe After Effects. Is that indeed the "standard" solution for creating Hyperlapses from the raw photos? I was hoping to avoid having to learn another editing software.
  2. Am I right to assume that if I use a 1080p video as part of my video, I would not be able to save the final video as 4K? Or will it default to the best quality available for each segment? i.e. Just wondering if I use a 1080p Hyperlapse in the middle of a 4K video, will the rest of the video remain 4K?
  3. Am I right to assume that it is NOT a good idea to use an anamorphic lense unless I want my entire project to be shot with it? i.e. either the entire video should be widescreen, or none of it.

Thanks in advance!

Import the 1080p sequence, add it to the timeline then scale it up in effect controls to fill the frame of you 4K timeline.
For 5 seconds it will probably look OK just upscaled like that.
If you have the RAW stills you can make a timelapse manually at 4K and larger, you could crop in somewhat if need be.
Premiere Pro can do it have a look on youtube etc rather than me trying to remember.

Reactions: Heindrich1988
The first clip you bring in will determine the resolution and settings for that sequence. If you start with a 4K video, then Premiere will make all of the subsequent clips follow that resolution/size (that doesn't mean it will make the other clips 4K, it will just interpolate them to try and match the first clip). Whatever render settings you use to export will determine what the final output will be. I would import the first clip as 4K footage then add your 1080 footage to the timeline, do a quick render of just that sequence and see how it looks. Premiere does a pretty good job at interpolation at least for most screen sizes (once you get up to an 85" tv you'll have to decide that for yourself:)). The thing about Adobe products is that the interface between applications is consistent so a lot of it will feel familiar after learning Premiere. After Effects does a LOT of fancy complicated stuff but I'm sure you can find a tutorial to do what you're looking for and that would be all you would need.

Reactions: Heindrich1988
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00