DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NorCal Bay Area Lurker Checking-In

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome, ReefDeep, from Hauptmann in the friendly skies of North Texas!

Though I live in Texas, I do most of my flying in the SF Bay Area. Mostly in the City, Treasure Island, and one of the parks in the Port of Oakland. One of my sons lives out there, and flies an M1P. I fly an M2P. Can't wait for this **** bug to die off, so I can get back out there and do some flyin' with my son!

Most of SF is legal, though not in the Presido or any city park. We've flown the GG Bridge (both sides), Lombard St., the Financial Dist., and Coit Tower. What are your faves?

Glad to have you with us. Happy flying!

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Welcome, ReefDeep, from Hauptmann in the friendly skies of North Texas!

Though I live in Texas, I do most of my flying in the SF Bay Area. Mostly in the City, Treasure Island, and one of the parks in the Port of Oakland. One of my sons lives out there, and flies an M1P. I fly an M2P. Can't wait for this **** bug to die off, so I can get back out there and do some flyin' with my son!

Most of SF is legal, though not in the Presido or any city park. We've flown the GG Bridge (both sides), Lombard St., the Financial Dist., and Coit Tower. What are your faves?

Glad to have you with us. Happy flying!
Yea I’m a bit cautious to fly GG since it’s all Flagged as National Park
I do have a colleague that recently flew his Parrot Disco over the decomissioned Nike Missile Battery on the Marin side of GG.
The park rangers were not friendly and fined him $900.

In today’s climate I generally try to avoid fly near people or in areas that might annoy folks just to avoid confrontations.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi All long time lurker that finally got the nerve to join the forum and post.
Welcome to the forum...glad you joined us!

I‘ve met some really good people here in the Bay since starting this hobby last December, and have flown at dozens of picturesque spots. I look forward to reading about some of your favorite flying locations.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi All long time lurker that finally got the nerve to join the forum and post.

I’ve been flying a second hand MA1 since the fall of 2019.
It’s nice to see a lot more posts from flyers in the BayArea and I’m looking forward to sharing some my secret spots as well as discovering new locations.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom