DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Northampton

Have you registered with the CAA as a drone operator and given them £9. The Mini 2, because it has a camera, from the 1st Jan 20 you need to register.

Enjoy your Mini 2 it's a great drone, watch YouTube and read forums. Remember the drone has no obstacle avoidance.
Hi from Rothwell
new drone flyer (i opened my christmas present on saturday)
love it i got a MINI 2 so not sure if i am welcome on a mavic forum lol.

this is also the very first forum ive ever used too so lots of firsts

would be interested in group flying to pick up tips

also a more in depth understanding of the regs as my drone is under 250g i dont have permits and an ID but i really wanna be up on my knowledge if i ever get challanged

i took off from a local park on sunday (3rd flight) and flew around the church. have i committed an offence as somebody told me im not to fly from built up areas or close to buildings ( i was 100m or so away from it)

any advice hugely appreciated

thanks

Steve

I'm already registered as have the Mavic 2 Pro also. I just purchased the Mini 2 because of the changes but thanks for the heads up.

Correction the question was aimed at another I missed that sorry Mavic 57 :)

Last edited:
I just ordered the Mini 2 because of the new Regs, you need to do it if you want to avoid the regs though as the mini 2 unclassified as legacy is A1 but when classified will be A2! so your better off with the legacy unclassified which will remain so for its life (unless they change minds and go with retrospective classification)

Incidentally on my earlier post about Harringworth Viaduct it is a no fly zone as its on the flight path for RAF wittering!
Hi from Rothwell
new drone flyer (i opened my christmas present on saturday)
love it i got a MINI 2 so not sure if i am welcome on a mavic forum lol.

this is also the very first forum ive ever used too so lots of firsts

would be interested in group flying to pick up tips

also a more in depth understanding of the regs as my drone is under 250g i dont have permits and an ID but i really wanna be up on my knowledge if i ever get challanged

i took off from a local park on sunday (3rd flight) and flew around the church. have i committed an offence as somebody told me im not to fly from built up areas or close to buildings ( i was 100m or so away from it)

any advice hugely appreciated

thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Not far from you and happy to meet up when were out of lockdown (I'll put something in the diary for March 2032 will that work ;) )

Everyone has an opinion on regs and they differ from person to person especially non owners/flyers

I tend to try and fly where no other people are, or if people are around selecting a spot to take of and land well out of the way personally given most people have an opinion.

I must add not always bad to be honest I have met some really positive people from Dog walkers offering to lead up to truck drivers offering to move the truck so its out of view!

Cheers

Andrew

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett