DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not a good day

Did you have to provide proof to statefarm that your bird crashed or is damage etc before they would process the claim?
Actually no. I offered to send photos since I took those before I fished it out of teh drink.
But all he did was query me on what happened.
The minute he heard it landed tits up in the muddy water he had all he needed to write it off.
He explained it is a replacement policy - not a repair policy and apparently that qualified.

Wow - good to know. There's a US law that states a vehicle manufacturer cannot void a warranty based on who does the service. Wonder if it applies to this also... I think I would invoke it just to show I wasn't going to roll over. After all - they supply the SDK to Litchi so they can write software to run on their platform. Seems like if they required the log they should make it a failsafe and not an option for developers.

I think it does apply, and if I recall correctly DJI had previously conceded that Litchi log files were good enough. Maybe DJI support is responding somewhat randomly on this issue.

Reactions: Brojon
Interesting - then what the heck do I do with it?
I was trying to retrieve the one you can upload to the web site and see what happened.
I'd *really* like to know what it was thinking when it started rising and wouldn't stop.

The aircraft DAT file cannot be read by any of those websites - you need to process it using DatCon, which I think is the only current DAT interpreter. It's worth the effort though - it has a great deal of very useful information in it.

I think it does apply, and if I recall correctly DJI had previously conceded that Litchi log files were good enough. Maybe DJI support is responding somewhat randomly on this issue.
lol, not like they haven't been caught doing it before! Somewhat legendary actually from what I've read.

lol, not like they haven't been caught doing it before! Somewhat legendary actually from what I've read.

I've never had the pleasure of working with their service department but yes - that is somewhat apparent just from reading the experiences of others on these forums, which I've been doing since 2014.

Actually no. I offered to send photos since I took those before I fished it out of teh drink.
But all he did was query me on what happened.
The minute he heard it landed tits up in the muddy water he had all he needed to write it off.
He explained it is a replacement policy - not a repair policy and apparently that qualified.

Well at least you have a new mavic on the way and a spare controller plus extra batteries now ;)

"it" being the dat file. I had always understood the file you uploaded to DJI was the file created by downloading the blackbox file.
The blackbox file could be what you upload to DJI, although I'm not sure about that. Anyway, the .DAT is a different file and is the only thing you can get analyzed by us mortals.

Not only that, they surprised me by saying when I got my new Mavic to send them to new serial and purchase info so the policy can be updated. Apparently it is in force the full term which is a year. Good stuff if you can get it. Of course I don't have a check in hand yet either... I've been considering upping to the Platinum assuming I can find one.
I sure would like some closure on the issues I mentioned though...
Question for you - Did you purchase your insurance specifically for the Drone or was it some other insurance policy you had previously that covered it???

Specifically just for the drone.
Story: when I first heard about State Farm coverage I literally called every agent within a 10 mile radius and each and every one denied there was such a thing.
About a month after I stopped looking a local SF agent posted on the local drone group that he was offering the drone policies. I called him up, he seemed legit and I went with it. It's the ONLY State Farm insurance that I have.
Moral of the story is the older agents aren't likely to know about or scoff at the drone policies as being beneath their concern. Try and find a local young guy who's much more forward looking in his product offerings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d