DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not able to connect to controller after recent update

tsison

Reactions
Hello,
Hopefully someone can help with this issue. I recently attempted to preform an update (I believe it said that it was for the controller). This was done while using my Mavic Zoom 2 (v01.00.0670) and an iPhone 11 pro (app version DJI GO 4 v4.3.42(4381)). Once the update finished downloading, I clicked to install the download. I was prompted to connect to the aircraft (I did not unplug or disconnect from the drone or controller). At this point, I am no longer able to connect to the drone. It does not recognize my phone being plugged into the controller (my phone charging port works, I can charge my phone and connect my phone to other devices via a cable with no issues). I tried to connect to my Mavic Air 2 using this phone, with the same issue (I am prompted to connect to aircraft and it does not recognize my phone even getting plugged into the controller).

I tried using DJI Assistant 2 to update the drone (Mavic Zoom), that did not help. I tried using a different cable from the controller to my phone, that did not work.

I tried using different phones and that worked. My wife's phone (iPhone 11), an iPhone 7, and an android all connect just fine to both the Mavic Zoom and Mavic Air 2.

I contacted DJI technical support and they were unable to fix the issue.

Any assistance with this issue will be greatly appreciated!

I see this is your first post, but it sounds like this isn't your first experience with drones...so don't take this the wrong way.
You are "all over the map" with drones/controllers/phones/apps...and there's no way to tell what you are connecting with what. You mention 2 completely different apps...and I know only 1 of them works with the MA2 (and it's not the GO4 app).
I suggest you try updating everything with DJI Assistant 2 (I never use the phone to update the AC/RC) and then post back with results...for 1 (your newest?) configuration.

Simply if you can connect any device and it works, then the issue isn't your DJI products or their software. Troubleshoot it thusly. As posted above, need more info. Many people are using your same set up and devices, with no issue.

Simply if you can connect any device and it works, then the issue isn't your DJI products or their software. Troubleshoot it thusly. As posted above, need more info. Many people are using your same set up and devices, with no issue.
I get that. That's why I am not sending anything off to DJI because I know it isn't anything that they would be able to fix. It is something with the update on the app that was done. I have deleted and redownloaded the app three times and that doesn't do anything.

I get that. That's why I am not sending anything off to DJI because I know it isn't anything that they would be able to fix. It is something with the update on the app that was done. I have deleted and redownloaded the app three times and that doesn't do anything.
Did you clear your cache after deleting before you reinstalled. Could be files left there.

I see this is your first post, but it sounds like this isn't your first experience with drones...so don't take this the wrong way.
You are "all over the map" with drones/controllers/phones/apps...and there's no way to tell what you are connecting with what. You mention 2 completely different apps...and I know only 1 of them works with the MA2 (and it's not the GO4 app).
I suggest you try updating everything with DJI Assistant 2 (I never use the phone to update the AC/RC) and then post back with results...for 1 (your newest?) configuration.
There are two apps because the Mavic Zoom uses DJI GO 4 app and the Mavic Air 2 uses DJI Fly app. The reason I referenced both is to show that the problem is from the update done.

I tried going through the DJI Assistant 2 and updated everything to the most current firmware and it didn't fix it.

Reactions: DougMcC
There are two apps because the Mavic Zoom uses DJI GO 4 app and the Mavic Air 2 uses DJI Fly app. The reason I referenced both is to show that the problem is from the update done.

I tried going through the DJI Assistant 2 and updated everything to the most current firmware and it didn't fix it.
And I am not taking anything the wrong way. I posted here to try to get any possible different option that I haven't tried. Thanks!!

I cleared out all the cache and it didn't help. I will keep at it and update

I appreciate all the help
When you delete a App on Apple products it has been shown that once you delete a app and then reload it there will be issues sometimes. You must delete the app, do a hard power down (Not a reboot), then power on and reload software from the App store, not your iCloud, so you could try that.

Insure you don't have aircraft on when trying to do controller updates as well. The Asst. 2 software will tell you if it can read your controller over the Data cable. What is it telling you beyond that?

When you delete a App on Apple products it has been shown that once you delete a app and then reload it there will be issues sometimes. You must delete the app, do a hard power down (Not a reboot), then power on and reload software from the App store, not your iCloud, so you could try that.

Insure you don't have aircraft on when trying to do controller updates as well. The Asst. 2 software will tell you if it can read your controller over the Data cable. What is it telling you beyond that?
Thank you for the tip. This worked. I am so relieved now.

Thank you to everyone's suggestions. I really appreciate it

Reactions: pelagic_one
"I tried using different phones and that worked. My wife's phone (iPhone 11), an iPhone 7, and an android all connect just fine to both the Mavic Zoom and Mavic Air 2. "

If it works just fine with other devices, then you can just about rule out everything but the phone and would have gone straight there and not consider firmware as an issue, nor pairing as one suggested.
I might have overlooked a botched app update and more likely would have suspected cable to phone or phone USB port.

Glad you sorted it out with app reinstall.

Thank you for the tip. This worked. I am so relieved now.

Thank you to everyone's suggestions. I really appreciate it
Thank you for this thread. I had a similar problem with MP2 after updating on 1Phone 11 -- no connection -- very frustrating trying everything to fix, but the complete shutdown of phone and then reinstalling of the app was the answer. thank you thank you thank you!!!

Reactions: S I L E N T W I N G
UPDATE:
After doing what Repaid1 suggested (delete the app, power off the phone, power on the phone, then redownload the app), everything is working again!
Again thanks for all the quick responses and help!
I am on the very same boat right now with my M2P. I did cleared out the cache and nothing happened. Same with deleting the app and reinstalling. However, I did not power off and power off after delete. I'm going to try this method after work today and see if this resolve my M2P's problem. I'm glad I found this thread regarding to the problem I've been troubleshooting the last couple nights.

My goodness, it works ! Thank you guys for this thread. I never shut down my phone after deleted the app. I just did that and reinstalled afterward and now I'm about to go flying right now :) I'm a happy recreational pilot !

Reactions: SkyeHigh
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair