DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not all Drone are created equal

Adamisprimal

Reactions
So I have 2 ma1's. While flying them yesterday I noticed 1 Drone is significantly slower. After noticing I switched the batteries around and still the 1 Drone was slower. I then did a test by lifting a 2l bottle with some water in and the 1 lifted about 80g more than the other. I then swapped batteries and got the same result. Do you guys have any Idea what could be causing these differences? Both of the drone have less than 50h flightime.

How do the speeds compare against the Max speed given in the drone's manual or specs ?

I suggest you upload both sets of .txt flight logs AND, if you have them, the .DAT flight logs to here. All of those logs are recorded on the phone attached to the controller.

If you do not have the DATs then ensure that "syncing logs with DJI," is switched off and perhaps also switch the phone's WiFi off, then fly another set of speed tests.

DO NOT do another set of lift tests, I worry that you might cook the motor ESCs doing lift test.

Once you have all 4 logs from the new tests also upload them to here.

Speed is a function of the drones' tilt and any headwind. Ignoring differing headwinds, it might be that the drones are running differing firmwares that set differing tilt limits. Firmware versions might be recorded in the txt flight log or available via that fight log.

With regards to lift capacity, where both drones using the same make of props ? Actually I would go as far as using only one set of props for these tests and moving them from one drone to the other during these tests.

There are reasons I am asking for the DATs but this post is already long enough.

Stop trying to lift heavy objects with your Drone you are killing the motors. One of the reasons one flys better than the other I suspect.

i wonder if there is a slight difference in the pitch of the props?? Perhaps switch them and see what happens

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanI