DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 1 After-Market Extra-Capacity Battery. Has anyone tried it yet?

BIG QUESTION - If one connects power between first 4 pins and last 4 pins on drone - WILL IT FLY?? (probably not...) - MAVIC AIR 1
If I suspected an electronics experiment might cost me my drone in a puff of smoke, I'd probably shelve the idea of conducting that experiment. Speaking of Mavic Air 1 battery upgrades, Ali Express now offers TWO versions for the Mavic Air 1. The $65 after-market extra capacity battery boosts the battery capacity from 2375 mAh to 3500 mAH, which translates to a flight time increment from the piddling 15 minutes to a much better 22 minutes,

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...jLVsMoCR&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from:

The slightly higher capacity battery is rated at 3580 mAh and promises a flight time of 23 minutes for the lowly Mavic Air 1, but at a steeper cost of $117 for that additional 2-minute flight duration increment in comparison to the $65 battery whose link is above.

For me, paying nearly twice the cost of the $65 battery for a mere 2 minutes of additional flight time is not worth the $117 price tag. Needless to say, I am buying a few of the $65 batteries to breathe new life into my old Mavic 1 Airs.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006373230390.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.388938daw5WwQD&mp=1

I am in no way affiliated with Ali Express, but their website search function often fails to yield the desired results, so I went ahead and posted the links here for any fellow Mavic Air 1 owners who would like to fly their drone for 21 minutes on a single charge, rather than the 15 minutes that the stock battery allows.

I have never received the battery that I ordered and paid for. It seems to have been a scam and somebody has my money.

I have never received the battery that I ordered and paid for. It seems to have been a scam and somebody has my money.
With my poor memory, I forgot that someone on this forum mentioned getting scammed by Ali Express. Dang, now you've got me worried because I am awaiting shipment on two of the Mavic 1 Pro larger capacity batteries that cost $74 a pop that I bought from Ali Express.

I bought and received four Ali Express batteries for my Mavic 1 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro, and those batteries do work as advertised, making possible round-trip Litchi waypoint missions over 13 miles long at 27 mph out here in the boonies. Ali Express sellers haven't scammed me yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and monitoring the tracking on this latest purchase of two batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
熊大熊二